• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might be the wrong place to post, but maybe not. I'm a 9.5D in Barrie 975. Would that be a 10D in Florsheim Royal Imperial cordovan shoe? anyone have experience with the quality of the Florsheim vs. Alden?
Yes, vintage Florsheim imperial cordovans run tts. I had an awesome pair about 2 years ago. Equal in quality to 975.
TSM Whiskey LWB
Your whiskey looks so nice donl.

katch

Reaction score
My BB Cordovan Wingtips purchased on ebay are out for delivery. Can't wait to get home!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, vintage Florsheim imperial cordovans run tts. I had an awesome pair about 2 years ago. Equal in quality to 975.
Your whiskey looks so nice donl.

All I can say is that my experience differs. TTS would have been huge.

90shilling

Reaction score
Might be the wrong place to post, but maybe not. I'm a 9.5D in Barrie 975. Would that be a 10D in Florsheim Royal Imperial cordovan shoe?

anyone have experience with the quality of the Florsheim vs. Alden?
Chiming in - I thrifted a pair of vintage Florsheim royal imperial longwings (not cordovan) and the size 9.5 (TTS) fit me perfectly versus having to go down to size 9 for my Alden 975. They are built like a tank and every bit as heavy as my 975's.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get just a general consensus/opinion for a first color 8 boot I plan on getting once new years is over with. I'm on the fence between the Tanker boot from citishoes, or the standard 4060 CT boot. Ultimately, I will probably end up with both, but for the meantime as a first cordovan boot, which would you choose?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get just a general consensus/opinion for a first color 8 boot I plan on getting once new years is over with. I'm on the fence between the Tanker boot from citishoes, or the standard 4060 CT boot. Ultimately, I will probably end up with both, but for the meantime as a first cordovan boot, which would you choose?
If I wanted more flexibility in terms of dressing up/down, I'd grab the 4060 first. Can be worn with jeans or even the dressier side of business casual (and many would say a suit if done properly). But if just looking for a boot to wear more casually, I'd grab the tanker boot.

You should definitely get both as you said. : - )

Last edited:

SouthNarc

Reaction score
After alot of opening and closing of windows, the Leffot website, and PayPal, I lost the battle of impulse control and dropped the hammer on the Chamois Daytrippers.

I'm such a child....:)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

If I wanted more flexibility in terms of dressing up/down, I'd grab the 4060 first. Can be worn with jeans or even the dressier side of business casual (and many would say a suit if done properly). But if just looking for a boot to wear more casually, I'd grab the tanker boot.

You should definitely get both as you said. : - )
I agree with @budapest12 . That is the order I went in as well. 4060 was my first #8 boot then I got the tanker later on.

It is hard to choose between them without knowing the rest of your collection and/or your intended usage.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
After alot of opening and closing of windows, the Leffot website, and PayPal, I lost the battle of impulse control and dropped the hammer on the Chamois Daytrippers.

I'm such a child....
smile.gif
I still want those. I'm hoping they are out of my size by now.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Man I felt like Pookie in New Jack City staring at a crack-pipe. It's calling me dog...it's calling me!
They are calling me too, but I have the reverse chamois wingtip boot on pre-order there so I have to stay strong.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm such a child....
smile.gif

They still have my size...
puzzled.gif

Seeing some family tomorrow and exchanging xmas gifts, if somehow I even up with some cash and they are still around I may have to pull the trigger. They keep tempting me and now seeing the in the wild pics on here is making it harder to hold back.

They are calling me too, but I have the reverse chamois wingtip boot on pre-order there so I have to stay strong.

I really regret not pulling the trigger on those, they are going to be unreal. On my 2015 wish list.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My BB Cordovan Wingtips purchased on ebay are out for delivery. Can't wait to get home!
What color?

My lists.

On order:
Cigar LWB (Alden DC)

Grail list:
Cigar SWB (w/sleek last)

That's it! I've been acquiring my Alden's on some sort of discount this past year. Makes it easier to rationalize my purchases, lol. I would only pay full price for the above. I got the #8 975s with that Jcrew code, #8 shortwings on ebay, Some calf CTs from the Shoemart 2nds. They've all worked out. I suspect haunting this thread will get me some more Aldens on discount this year.

Happy new year all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads