• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madtown

Reaction score
... Also, it is highly recommended that you wait 15 minutes after taking off your shoes to put your trees in. That way the surface moisture can evaporate out of your shoes. ...

Sometime ago I was looking for a recommended practice on this in the care thread but never got a reply. Was just curious, and this corresponds exactly with my observations since. Sort of reassuring to know that I'm following a good practice. Thanks again!!

totalair1

Reaction score
My Ravello LWB from AOC arrived today. I'm very pleased with tis shade of Ravello, and the quality of this pair too. Adam did a great job! I took some photos next to other Ravello I have,m and across from Ravello is 3 different pairs of Whiskey I have. I'm no mdubs or Uncle on photos, and the lighting is not perfect but here you go!

See Ya,
Steve

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm headed to DC later this week for the Marine Corps Marathon and along with my usual stops at J. Press and the Alden store, I'm thinking about hitting up Sky Valet. I don't see them mentioned on here too often. Has anybody been in there recently - are they worth the trip?

leather of choice for rainy days? 

Looking to add a pair to my collection that can withstand moderate rain. I'm also not considering commando or leather soles. 

If I am wearing a suit or nice trousers and coat, I'll usually wear Color #8 shell cordovan. If it's fall or winter and I'm wearing jeans, tweeds, or moleskin, I'll often wear my kudu LWB. Either ones hold up great on rainy days. As was mentioned by others earlier, the kudu is downright indestructible - it's particularly great in the winter when I am going through slush, snow, salt, etc.

I know some folks will scoff at the idea of wearing shell cordovan in foul weather but I think it seems to hold up and clean off (especially #8 and black) much better than calf or CXL which always seems to show water spots longer.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite like this new offering from epaulet:

Taunton_Pair_1024x1024.jpg

If you guys were to choose one alpine grain shoe, would you rather have...

Citishoes/unionmade nst boot,
Shoemart wingtip boot, or
This epaulet captoe boot?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Citishoes/unionmade nst boot,
Shoemart wingtip boot, or
This epaulet captoe boot?

All three are great boots IMO, and I think it will come down to what suits you and your wardrobe the best.

I recently got the wingtip boot from TSM and have been wearing it a lot lately, however, if I wouldn't have missed the boat on the NST from Unionmade, I would have rather had that.

All three seem to have about the same level of versatility to me, with NST being slightly more casual than the others and the captoe being slightly more formal that the others. I look at the wingtip as being a good compromise.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My Ravello LWB from AOC arrived today. I'm very pleased with tis shade of Ravello, and the quality of this pair too. Adam did a great job! I took some photos next to other Ravello I have,m and across from Ravello is 3 different pairs of Whiskey I have. I'm no mdubs or Uncle on photos, and the lighting is not perfect but here you go! See Ya, Steve
nephew, thank you for sharing! wear only in good health your ravello gunboats

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vd2rrc.jpg

cigar ptb, cashmere otc
24on5lk.jpg

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads