• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks can you say something about sizing I have EG Galway 82 last UK 9.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just in from Leffot . . .

Alden Pre-orders

Our Alden x Leffot Kudu Longwing and Alden x Leffot Walter Boot in Black Shell Cordovan will be available for pre-order on Monday, September 8, at 12:00 PM EDT. Pre-orders for the Longwing will be taken via this link; pre-orders for the Walter Boot will be taken here.

At the same time, we will also accept requests for non-stock sizes via email only. The deadline for non-stock size requests is Thursday, September 11, 2014, or while space is available.

The number of pairs on these pre-orders is limited, and orders will be accepted while quantities last. Orders are on a first-come, first-served basis. We are unable to accept any requests before the launch time.

We suggest that you view the terms of our Alden Pre-Order Policy. For more information on how the pre-order process works, view our Alden Pre-Order Guide.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leffot coming out with 2 pre-orders Monday at noon.

Black Cordovan PTB Boot on crepe and a Kudu LWB also on crepe

Last edited:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't think if a better group to pose this question to, and I don't even know if there is a good answer, but here it goes:

I got into Aldens because of the Alden Indy Boot, and the infamous legend behind it - that Harrison Ford insisted on wearing them during his role as Indiana Jones due to his love for them from his days working as a carpenter. Anyways, is there any good explanation anyone may have as to why we never see pictures of Harrison sporting Alden shoes like... EVER since??? You would think that given the primary 2 factors that 1) Harrison has the frikken means and 2) Aldens are the frikken best that he would be caught wearing them all the time!! But it isn't the case.

Beyond that, you would think that Alden would enjoy having Harrison as their brand ambassador, much like Omega LOVES having Daniel Craig as an official brand ambassador. Anyways, any clarification/thoughts/input is highly appreciated.
I believe you never see pics of Harrison Ford wearing Aldens, when he must wear hard soled footwear at all, because he can afford completely handmade shoes from whatever designer his publicist says is the flavour of the month. Plus he's a movie star from Southern California who wears nothing but trainers, flip flops, or sandals while at his beach house. I'm sure he's got a pair or two of Indy's around somewhere though.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get completely turned off when I see a crepe sole....not sure why. Not on my feet for hours ata time so perhaps the extra comfort factor is lost on me

cincikid

Reaction score

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

#8 Cap Toe Boots:
imagejpg1_zps93231f42.jpg
nephew, looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads