• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokie3000

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with Montana Pitch Blend? I just bought some for my Indy's, but now I'm seeing that they may darken the color. I have the 403s, which are dark to begin with, so I think it should be alright, but if anyone has used this before, please share.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels good posting in here 3 days running.

Epaulet Gunmetal Canvas RCs
Gap (Socks)
Shoemart Cigar LWB.

Rained a bit today so I'll have some waterspots to brush out over the next while.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

does anyone have any experience with Montana Pitch Blend? I just bought some for my Indy's, but now I'm seeing that they may darken the color. I have the 403s, which are dark to begin with, so I think it should be alright, but if anyone has used this before, please share.

I use them on my leather/CXL Indy boots.It is a very good water protectorant / conditioner, but doesn't do that much for shine.

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

i used it on my brown CXL wingtips from LS. i like it. works well for waterproofing. any darkening was minor and basically imperceptible after a few days.

ThArtOfWardrobe

Reaction score

I use them on my leather/CXL Indy boots.It is a very good water protectorant / conditioner, but doesn't do that much for shine.

I use it on my Wolverine Addisons and it works well. I agree that it doesn't shine up but for those boots I'd prefer it not to.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RE: Mac method indoors (lost my quote in the response)

I agree, I can determine fit better on a hard surface better than thick, plush carpet. However as I'm sure you know, The idea of carpet is to ensure that you can return the item as new. I tend to use "carpet" and "indoors" interchangeably.

nephew,
right on

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations in picking one (sadly one as I know both are awesome) NST shoe between color #8 and cigar. Which in your eyes looks better or is more versatile?
I do have a bordeauex vass shell similar I guess to #8 but dont have a #8 as such and I have heard ithey are different. I plan to wear them as as s semiformal dress shoe.[/quote]

nephew,
recommend go for #8 nst

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm wearing the cigar NST as I type. Picked it with the idea that the #8 is easier to find on a moments notice. My thought is that #8 is more formal as a darker color and with the dark welt and sole edge. Will be interested to see what others think.

nephew,
looking good in your cigar

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have no objection to this method. However, I do wonder if any on this thread have used this method and then returned the shoes/boots because they deemed the fit improper. If so, was the return allowed?

If a retailer has a no-crease policy, there is no way they would take them back. And even for the retailers that do not have a no-crease policy, this seems like quite a stretch (a full 3 hours of walking).

nephew,
maybe i am a bad example, but i have returned shoes that did not fit properly for a full refund

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is interesting. If I owned a #8 NST shoe, I would not wear it with a suit, but would certainly wear it with a sport coat, especially on the Aberdeen last.

nephew,
i do wear nst with suits and tie

stanford88

Reaction score
Advice on brushing out water spots? Mine don't go away even with 15-20 minutes with a horsehair brush. Do you use something different?

marg

Reaction score
Went home for lunch to walk the dog today and was greeted by a leathersoul box on my porch. Finally got the chocolate suede tankers that I reserved so long ago I forgot. Contrast stitching on them really pops. The pics on the site are pretty accurate, except the color is a rich brown, not so gray-ish. These are already high on my list, second only to my whiskey indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads