• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lummers13

Reaction score

I picked up 4x pairs - captoe shells, suede ptbs, Indy 403, and the tassel loafer in #8 :slayer:

Nice, I would've picked up 403s and the snuff suede ptb's if they were in my size.

Yeah everything I've tried adding in my size and width is giving me the invalid flag. :censored:
Guess I didn't need to be $400 lighter anyway.
Good luck everyone.

Sorry burningbright, I always get the list more towards on the later end, so I figure I'd try to help out others in the same spot :embar:

theshoemart tracking/inventory system is garbage. you are trying to buy a $400 boot that sold out in August of 2011. however, theshoemart keeps including it in both their seconds emails and online. Ive called them multiple times to check and each time they admit their mistake but do nothing to correct inventory.

:( ooh well then my first time buying a pair of irregulars should be interesting lol. Thanks for the heads up NAMOR, always nice to see a veteran toss in their $0.02!

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

theshoemart tracking/inventory system is garbage. you are trying to buy a $400 boot that sold out in August of 2011. however, theshoemart keeps including it in both their seconds emails and online. Ive called them multiple times to check and each time they admit their mistake but do nothing to correct inventory.

So are they charging your CC/paypal and then refunding the money once this happens? Or they don't charge you until the stock is verified?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So are they charging your CC/paypal and then refunding the money once this happens? Or they don't charge you until the stock is verified?

if your order was accepted then the shoes are in stock. if you got an error message while trying to add to cart, then that particular item is out of stock. this has been my experience.

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, that's my size but I don't see anything worthwhile... did it really sell out that fast?

Yeah I actually had a couple pairs evaporate before my eyes while still in the shopping cart... I guess the system allows two or more people to have the same item in their carts, and whoever pays first gets it /shrug

borderline

Reaction score
Welcome to #8 on the 8th. This is the basic 975:

CpweS.jpg

electronicsjunkie

Reaction score
J. Crew captoe boots made on a last OTHER than Barrie?

I bought a pair of the J. Crew captoe boots and exchanged them due to a defect. When I got the new ones home, it occurred to me that the soles look considerably narrower than those of my Barrie LWBs (and I think, narrower than the boots I turned in). J. Crew's website still says the boots are on the Barrie last. But is it possible that they are also making them on a different, narrower last? I'm not sure if the numbers on the inside of the boot would answer the question - I tried googling them and nothing of interest came back.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
#8 Day
IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

L-R from the bottom…LS Unlined PTB, LS NST Saddle, LHS, Leffot Tanker, SW Boot, LS Ranger Shoe.

cloudshift

Reaction score

J. Crew captoe boots made on a last OTHER than Barrie?
I bought a pair of the J. Crew captoe boots and exchanged them due to a defect. When I got the new ones home, it occurred to me that the soles look considerably narrower than those of my Barrie LWBs (and I think, narrower than the boots I turned in). J. Crew's website still says the boots are on the Barrie last. But is it possible that they are also making them on a different, narrower last? I'm not sure if the numbers on the inside of the boot would answer the question - I tried googling them and nothing of interest came back.

I think this is due to the J.Crew boot being a flat welt, and your LWB likely being a reverse welt. The welt will effect the size of the sole of the shoe. I briefly had a LWB with a flat welt, and when compared to my LWB with a reverse welt, the sole of the flat welt shoe was significantly smaller (even though both shoes were same size and definitely both Barrie lasts).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads