• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha! My Brownvello PTBs are an interesting adventure. I got a 9.5D during my 2014 9.5D experiment, which massively failed. I sold all my 9.5Ds as they just hated my feet. I then found a 10.5B on eBay, which I now own, but man, they took quite a beating. Frankly, I think Kathy made them for me until I told her I picked up a pair from SF and so she sold them without mentioning them to me. I mean, how many others get a 10.5B and I know it's from DC...

I had to do a lot of brushing to get them back into order.

I hope that I can get mine back to the condition yours are in someday!

-Mike
Seeing your work in this photo was a near-religious experience.

Wow... wow.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to keep up the #8 boot trend:
16299981651_6ce58f4dc5_z.jpg
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread but anyone can quickly give me merchants that have NATCXL wingtip or NST boots with a commando sole? I know TSM has the wingtip but with double leather... Thanks and I hope everyone is well (I see many are double dipping in the EG/G&G threads here too) :D

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Killin it the past couple days, Saz!
Thanks dude!
Just to keep up the #8 boot trend:
16299981651_6ce58f4dc5_z.jpg
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread but anyone can quickly give me merchants that have NATCXL wingtip or NST boots with a commando sole? I know TSM has the wingtip but with double leather... Thanks and I hope everyone is well (I see many are double dipping in the EG/G&G threads here too) :D
Love this model. You wear them well.

gnu

Reaction score

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread but anyone can quickly give me merchants that have NATCXL wingtip or NST boots with a commando sole? I know TSM has the wingtip but with double leather...

Thanks and I hope everyone is well (I see many are double dipping in the EG/G&G threads here too) :D

Winn Perry has natural cxl longwings with the commando right now. Know this because they were a random hanging out at home, sort of impulse purchase...:embar: but still,:satisfied:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe I have read on this thread that the J Crew Cap Toe Shell boots are on Barrie but the JCrew version fits tighter than other shell barrie boots....Or is it just my pair that seem to fit tighter?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe I have read on this thread that the J Crew Cap Toe Shell boots are on Barrie but the JCrew version fits tighter than other shell barrie boots....Or  is it just my pair that seem to fit tighter?

Agree - and a lot of folks here feel the same, from my remembrance of prior conversations...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Just checked those out, they do look great! I believe that will be my next pair.
I just picked these up last week and I will tell you that they look even better in person. I don't see any issue with versatility and I love them. The contrast stiching is subtle but gives them a little pop. Highly recommend.

ErikW

Reaction score

"New" pickup off of the SF marketplace from @jt2gt . Leffot Cigar Shell Cordovan and Snuff Suede Saddles. The cigar cordovan is purposefully unglazed unlike most (all?) Alden's I have seen.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LoL. Had them since Aprilish. Third voyage today.
:)
Looking good Reppie.

-Mike

How do you go so long with barely wearing them? Do you just have so many pairs already? I can go quite a long time too with like 30 pairs of shoes and then just as many sneakers that I have to wear on days I'm in scrubs instead, but that seems nuts. Or do you just wear a few of the same pairs much more than the others?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hah. I am Mike W. That is where the name came from. One of my good friends started calling me it randomly. I like it for a screen name.

-Mike

That is hilarious! I was called it all through school and then my students that I taught before going to medical school called me Mr. dubs too.

I let some of my patients, at least some of the occasional pediatric ones, call me doc dubs too

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of, if not my all time favorite cordovan videos:

How many if you guys use the deer bone and do you guys notice a difference? I haven't used it and have a great shine.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Chukka. These were made in 2010, purchased about a year ago.

Chukka Probs (These have only been tried on, never worn for more than a moment)

Whiskey Probs

I like the whiskey for the chukka much more than I do in shoes and other boots.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

How do you go so long with barely wearing them? Do you just have so many pairs already? I can go quite a long time too with like 30 pairs of shoes and then just as many sneakers that I have to wear on days I'm in scrubs instead, but that seems nuts. Or do you just wear a few of the same pairs much more than the others?

I have a lot of Aldens. Own one pair of sneakers and two flip-flops. I have a few more than 30, enough said.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso