• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tiltgunnar

Reaction score
Don’t get royal blue. I have a royal blue from I think Harrison’s (can’t remember exactly) and it’s really bright. When I chose it, I was at a trunk show in a hotel room and it didn’t look that bright. I did all the fittings in a hotel room so it was hard to tell how bright it really was.

When I got the final suit under natural light, it was much brighter than I thought.
Same thing occurred to me with my first nice suit order where i picked the brighter navy from Drapers 5-star book since it was in cloudy day and in a hotel room. Always kicked myself for that rookie mistake...
Thank you for the replies, I had a similar experience in terms of the light in the hotel room.

I will adjust and go with the Ascot 4-ply. On the royal blue note: Anyone got a recommendation on what ascot 4-ply navy to go with (i.e. the 18057, 18059 or 18060)?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bespoke/MTM rite of passage, for sure.

Luckily I get to rectify it this year since I need to order a new navy suit from Divij after some weightloss...so I've hemmed and hawed over the choices, right now Finmeresco SW4111 and SW4112 are the front runners. But I'm also going to check out the Ascot book equivalents and the Fox Worsted WT28 and WT42 for some non-fresco style options.

camez_

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies, I had a similar experience in terms of the light in the hotel room.

I will adjust and go with the Ascot 4-ply. On the royal blue note: Anyone got a recommendation on what ascot 4-ply navy to go with (i.e. the 18057, 18059 or 18060)?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I ordered the No. 305 Lumbs Golden Bale #31708, and went looking for what the fabric looks like made up. I found Harrison's instagram and found a great post of the 31708, but what I also found was the 31704. This is not listed on Harrison's website. How great would it be to have a pair of jackets in these cloths?
I found that exact post of 31704 and saved it. It’s a really nice cloth.

Does anyone know if Golden Bale cloth wrinkles a lot?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing occurred to me with my first nice suit order where i picked the brighter navy from Drapers 5-star book since it was in cloudy day and in a hotel room. Always kicked myself for that rookie mistake...

yeah but you must look great in hotel rooms on cloudy days , so

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of mine in 18059.

potter AB

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_7743.jpg
    IMG_7743.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7746.jpg
    IMG_7746.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 96

tuna roll

Reaction score
A nice check I saw at my tailors the other day, think its lambswool.. said he got it from a merchant from Scotland
nice indeed... vintage vibes

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopeon1