• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisefi

Reaction score
I hate to quote myself buuuuuuuuuuuutttttt...

Now I'm also down for the Leffot LWB
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Now you'll have the Halleck and the little brother LWB.

Those are both money!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Only on this thread would someone not only put on a great pair of shoes and jeans while home sick, but also take several great looking photos of the shoes to post online! I feel absolutely terrible at work today and already plan on taking the morning off, and I can tell you I'll be in slippers and gym shorts in the morning.

HaHa, you are welcome! I had to run to do a quick errand, so I had to look reasonable... I wore T-shirt and Shorts all day yesterday, no Alden's if that makes you feel better. :)

-Mike

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Gotcha, I thought it was a spur of the moment thing, and those happend to both be 10.5Ds so someone could have had a good day as well. I did go back and look at the picture and saw the sizes though.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do feel a little strange throwing on some beaters when I have nicer shoes on the rack.  Kinda throws the whole outfit off if that makes sense.  But I appreciate the comments and will bring the boat shoes with me.
This was me two years ago.

My bachelor party shoes were Sperrys with the soles literally falling off. We'd start the night at some great, starred restaurant and I would feel physically uncomfortable at how bad/out of place my shoes looked.

...but that feeling passed and is no match for the feeling of having a slew of unblemished Alden options to wear every day. :D

Last edited:

totalair1

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Was genuinely curious what you guys do in these situations. Usually if I know I'm going to a crowded bar/club etc I wear beaters. It seems most of us spend time acquiring and caring for our shoes and wardrobes in general. I do feel a little strange throwing on some beaters when I have nicer shoes on the rack. Kinda throws the whole outfit off if that makes sense. But I appreciate the comments and will bring the boat shoes with me.

Ive been to New Orleans many times. Under most conditions in the French Quarter on a weekend the streets are not a place you want to wear nice shoes. An indy in CXL, Kudu, or similar is fine. Even if you don't get hammered enough to puke you can be caught in the line of fire. Be aware there plenty of ladies there packing spare parts. The only rule I can tell you that will land you in jail if a cop sees it is peeing in public. Just about anything else is not an issue.

Have fun!

See Ya,
Steve

Last edited:

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys.  Was genuinely curious what you guys do in these situations.  Usually if I know I'm going to a crowded bar/club etc I wear beaters.  It seems most of us spend time acquiring and caring for our shoes and wardrobes in general.  I do feel a little strange throwing on some beaters when I have nicer shoes on the rack.  Kinda throws the whole outfit off if that makes sense.  But I appreciate the comments and will bring the boat shoes with me.
I'm in New Orleans at least once a month for a mix of work and fun. I don't hesitate bringing my Aldens, and packed a couple of harder wearing pairs last time for a week long trip. It really depends on the itinerary. I assume you'll try to pack in a nice dinner or two inbetween the debauchery, and it's nice to look the part from head to toe at one of NOLA's many amazing restaurants. Also, you'll stand out from the southern frat croud if you decide to visit a fine gentleman's club like The Penthouse Club or so I've heard.

I do also pack a pair of beaters for late weekend nights on Bourgon street. Easy to change after dinner at the hotel. The French Quarter is fairly tame during the week.

Last edited:

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of action on the forum today. Strong showing all around.

Pre-order day is almost as exciting as the day the shoes/boots arrive out of nowhere. And I didn't even attempt any pre-orders!

CEE88

Reaction score
Hey Gents, It was a very sunny day today & I finally got around to taking a few non-iphone pics. Here's a couple of recent additions to my wardrobe:

Whiskey PTB - Barrie

Ravello CT - Grant

Natural CXL LWB - Barrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads