• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd find a new advisor then. Mine is about the most honest and trust worthy guy I know

Last edited:

circleslife

Reaction score
Popular topic around here. 38 people watching in disbelief. If they sold for $3k+ (twice the price of the #2 LWBs we saw awhile back) I think we would see MANY Aldens pop up on eBay the following week.
Haha, well said. Realistically, the seller will most likely lower prices(need to lower inventory) and still manage to sell it around the #2 price. In that case you won't see much of a sell off. My guess is there are 50 pairs out there between Leffot and DC. Most folks know these aren't made as often, though there's a list out, so they will keep it. Even if you see 3-4 pairs on ebay the price will come down to $1k since you can't claim it's rare anymore. The current seller has a first mover advantage in that way.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Haha, well said. Realistically, the seller will most likely lower prices(need to lower inventory) and still manage to sell it around the #2 price. In that case you won't see much of a sell off. My guess is there are 50 pairs out there between Leffot and DC. Most folks know these aren't made as often, though there's a list out, so they will keep it. Even if you see 3-4 pairs on ebay the price will come down to $1k since you can't claim it's rare anymore. The current seller has a first mover advantage in that way. 

I think there is more pairs than that, probably 72. Plus Kathy already has run number 2 in production and is gearing up for submittal number 3... ;-) Also, don't forget there is the European model made last year, and the 270 degree welt version made for Asia a few years back, so the population is actually much higher than it at first appears...

Last edited:

circleslife

Reaction score
I think there is more pairs than that, probably 72. Plus Kathy already has run number 2 in production and is gearing up for submittal number 3... ;-) Also, don't forget there is the European model made last year, and the 270 degree welt version made for Asia a few years back, so the population is actually much higher than it at first appears...
stirpot.gif
Excellent! Looks like the price gouger is in for tough luck.

RobinM

Reaction score

Any guess on the number of Ravello Plaza Indy?

stevefok

Reaction score
Wonderful acquisitions my friend! Enjoy those gunboats often and in great health!

These look awesome! Congrats. You wear them perfectly.

Thank you for the kind words RPT and Saz!!

very nice boats. your photo makes me like the green suede. i didnt want to like them.

Thank you so much DV! I feel the same every time I see your shoes. But unfortunately, many of your shoes is impossible to get even if I wanted to..haha!
Those Green Suede Gunboats are sick! Are they from Unipair?

those green suede lwbs are killer. who sells them?

Thank you guys!! They are from JGilbert!

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Last edited:

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frans Boone. I believe two runs were made, the last of which finished around 2012 timeframe. So I would guesstimate 48 pairs are out there today with another 24 on their way. I have heard that they are expected next month. i did not make the cut.

-Mike

Don't know when you inquired but from what I was told, this run was pre-ordered a couple of years ago!

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frans Boone. I believe two runs were made, the last of which finished around 2012 timeframe. So I would guesstimate 48 pairs are out there today with another 24 on their way. I have heard that they are expected next month. i did not make the cut.

-Mike

You did not make the cut? This is unheard of man...

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Ravello day trippers will probably sell for $900-$1000 on eBay (outside of super popular sizes like 9-10D). After factoring in eBay's fee, I was glad to ship mine off to a forum member instead at cost.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the most recent run of Alden cordovan boots has much improved laces? The waxed cotton laces are much thicker and seem more durable. I may ask Alden for a few extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads