• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! Looking forward to seeing more of your whiskey LHS. The whiskey shell is definitely my favorite spring/summer color.

I have only worn them once so far, It's still been snowing here for the past week. Delayed Spring is really killing my Whiskey LHS buzz.

Wore my 403's today with some cords, really liking the look.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I really like them with the darker edges! Did you say that you got these off of the seconds list, or am I thinking of someone else? I would love to know where you got them, as this is the type of shoe that I would end up wearing the lion's share of the work week.
I bought them at some point in 2013 off the 10.5D Seconds list. That was super luck.
Ooops. Wrong model number. I meant my Leffot version in #8. 97581
You had me there for a sec Tif, didn't think you had a black shell LWB.
ravello Thursday
Those are some beautiful Ravello Shells sir.
Sorry, I'm a day late on the whiskeys! Also, for anyone interested, I just listed some brand new J. Gilbert snuff suede wing tip boots in a 7.5d for sale. I love the boots, but I've made way too many unexpected shell purchases recently...
u9esy5u6.jpg
Dang, those Whiskey are gorgeous. But I am biased, they might be my favorite Alden design. Those yellow and blue socks are a lot for me to take in. :) Cool though, but don't think I can pull them off.
Agreed. Separate note--What do #8 wearers recommend for edge dressing? Brand? Color? Use, if at all?
If you are talking about #8 with the standard black edging, then I just use the Black Allen Edmonds edge dressing. For antique, I use AE Walnut and AE Brown Calf Shoe Polish and run the Walnut on and then top lightly with Brown. Someone here posted that with pictures here a year or so ago. I saved it as a PDF. :) -M

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
Navy CXL blucher and black shell plain toe boots in modified last. Perhaps I'm becoming greedy with some after thoughts, but wondering if I should have inquired about the ravello chukka that was also available in my size.
baldy[1].gif
Somebody is a 7.5D. There are a lot of interesting shoes on that list: the shoes you got, color 8 and black cordovan split toes, brown scotch grain moc stitch chukkas, black scotch grain medallion toe bluchers with commando soles (which I got to use in foul weather), kudu chukkas, well as the ravello chukkas.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't usually enjoy cigars, but I've been smoking these all day.

And please, no comparisons to MrDV's lawn...

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HaHa. I live in SD also, I should take more pics on my lawn for you all also. :) I just like the lighting better in my office, and well my lawn isn't as well maintained. :-/

Mike, regardless of where you take your pictures, just keep taking them. You've contributed some great stuff to this forum. The first color 2 pic earlier this week was mind blowing.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:Somebody is a 7.5D. There are a lot of interesting shoes on that list: the shoes you got, color 8 and black cordovan split toes, brown scotch grain moc stitch chukkas, black scotch grain medallion toe bluchers with commando soles (which I got to use in foul weather), kudu chukkas, well as the ravello chukkas.
I'm a 7.5D in Barrie. When I finally got through this morning the ravello chukkas were gone. I had my eye on those, so I didn't think to ask about any others. I think someone on here snagged the ravellos. Hopefully we'll get to see them.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the list was pretty good for the 8.5,9,&9.5 d. I went for the #8 boot on 379x last and brown cxl boot on commando but both were gone. I couldn't call until after lunch. I did pick ip the navy Barrie on crepe Barrie last. Looks like it may be a good all season shoe for me. 3 rd blue shoe this year (blue suede j and m and navy buttero tennis shoe) so this navy alden should have a spot. Almost went for the sand suede on crepe on 379 x but wasn't sure how the 379 last is. I will send pics when they come in. Greats pictures this week. And I have some green grass now. I can start showing some east coast grass slash dirt off :)

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. DV should change his name to Mr. NV, because that's what he is.

And his lawn is more carefully manicured than a Playmate's trim.

MattNumbers

Reaction score
I have scoured the internet and I cannot find an answer remotely close to my predicament. I'm finding the barrie last to be much more narrow than the trubalance. I have purchased the 403 Indy boot and 1273S dark brown suede chukka in 10.5D as in most shoes I'm a standard 11D. The Indy boots fit wonderfully. I've heard the trubalance and barrie lasts are analagous, but I find the barrie last is noticably tighter along the instep. My first thought was a 10.5E, but I've never seen someone who is Trubalance 10.5D and Barrie 10.5 E. Any recommendations? The edge of the toebox makes me think at 11D would be way too much room in the toe. Is a 10.5E going to be hugely wider than a 10.5D? Would a 10E be too short? Thanks!

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would delete the sentence related to your buying situation. Not really relevant to your fit question and likely not something that should be publicized on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads