• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that Frans Boone frequently stocks E widths. I wound't be surprised to order from them in the near future. Seems like a cool store in general.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that Frans Boone frequently stocks E widths. I wound't be surprised to order from them in the near future. Seems like a cool store in general.
They are really great. They are super responsive via email and always ship very quickly. They seem to have excellent taste in everything they stock and put a lot of thoughts into each footwear makeup that they do.

I really want those reverse Chamois snuff suede saddles they have, but can't really justify it since I have the Chamois LWB's from Leffot

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Color 8 LHS for airport convenience. My dog wouldn't leave me alone, so she made the post.

-Mike

Last edited:

CelliniEVO

Reaction score
I got these NeedSupply Indys about 10 days ago and finding it hard to even get into my 405s with how light and comfortable they are! Really want to pick up a pair of longwings sometime soon....should've done it a couple months ago when Jcrew had a code that was working on Alden (which I assume very rarely happens).

Are there any other retailers that offer occasional promo codes on longwings?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden SF is shipping me some whiskey lhs. They're allegedly arriving Weds. Yay. Here's hoping the shoes are not mismatched in size just like last year, when I tried ordering whiskey lhs's from another retailer...
fingers crossed!

believeland

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've fallen in love with the J.Crew PCT boot, but I tend to take a 9.5E in the Barrie and Trubalance lasts. It's more of a flatness issue rather than me having that wide a foot, but I'm still reluctant to attempt squeezing into a D.

Is there a comparable boot available elsewhere in wide widths? Perhaps even with a commando sole?

For reference, I tried a pair of 405s on in 9.5D and found them to fit alright. It was an associate at Alden NYC that convinced me to go with the E.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone here have experience with Frans Boone shipping to the US? I really like their version of the of the Indy boot, but they already bordering on too expensive for a CXL boot - if I get hit with customs fees, that would push them well over $700.

They were a pleasure to deal with. When I bought the plaza indys from them, they explicitly stated they were shipping me an American-made item so I did not get hit with customs fees.

Same experience here.

I'll also give a thumbs up to Frans Boone. I've purchased 3 or 4 pair of Alden from them with the Plaza Indy being the most recent. Previously, I was always hit with import fees via UPS but they've begun noting on the outside of the package that the boots/shoes were made in the USA and there were no extra or unexpected fees from UPS this time around. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commando Indy for me in the airport. Headed to Florida, but coming home to 6+ inches of snow Wednesday. These have taken a lot of abuse this season, but cleaned up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads