• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been eyeing Alden Ravello LWBs ever since I saw them in person in Alden of San Francisco. I missed out on the order from Leather Soul (those were really short wings with antique trim) and Leffot (long wings with antique trim). I jumped at the chance to snag a pair after my brother informed me Alden of San Francisco had acquired them. Thanks to style forum for informing him! Here are a few photos I've snapped. I can't wait to break them in! These will hold down my brown/tan shoe fort until summer returns and I can wear my snuff suede shoes again. As far as the black vs antique trim goes, I can live with the black trim, but I would prefer antique. If I ever wear these out, I'll ask Alden if they can switch the trim when they are rebuilt. Apologies if these showed up in the main galleries. I meant to only upload these into my personal gallery. These are in a Barrie Last size 7D. wear in good health your king of gunboats, remember to use the break in method

ElDave

Reaction score

I've been eyeing Alden Ravello LWBs ever since I saw them in person in Alden of San Francisco. I missed out on the order from Leather Soul (those were really short wings with antique trim) and Leffot (long wings with antique trim). I jumped at the chance to snag a pair after my brother informed me Alden of San Francisco had acquired them. Thanks to style forum for informing him! Here are a few photos I've snapped. I can't wait to break them in! These will hold down my brown/tan shoe fort until summer returns and I can wear my snuff suede shoes again. As far as the black vs antique trim goes, I can live with the black trim, but I would prefer antique. If I ever wear these out, I'll ask Alden if they can switch the trim when they are rebuilt. Apologies if these showed up in the main galleries. I meant to only upload these into my personal gallery. These are in a Barrie Last size 7D.
These look fantastic - great choice. By the way, it took me a minute to realize that's a table cloth. I thought you had a really odd rug.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

#8 ptb
argyles otc

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As far as the black vs antique trim goes, I can live with the black trim, but I would prefer antique.  If I ever wear these out, I'll ask Alden if they can switch the trim when they are rebuilt.  Apologies if these showed up in the main galleries.  I meant to only upload these into my personal gallery.  These are in a Barrie Last size 7D.

Edge trim looks great on these. Enjoy wearing.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just love how we all hold our Aldens in such high regard that we photograph them on dining room tabletops, high end leather sofas and Persian rugs. One of these days, someone will put one in a Baby Bjorn...

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I realized I am a 9.5 in the Barrie I bought a pair of size 10 PTBs. I'm using very large tongue pads but even still the shoe is a bit too roomy for me. Does anyone have experience using shoe inserts to improve to tighten up the fit? And advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weird. I just double checked my Roy boots and they are 7.5B, my indys in 7.5D that I got last week were way too narrow. I figured B was wider than D, but now that I look at the chart Bs are actually "narrow". I've tried on a pair of 8D Indys locally and they fit better.. it's the same last though.. makes my head spin @_@

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been eyeing Alden Ravello LWBs ever since I saw them in person in Alden of San Francisco. I missed out on the order from Leather Soul (those were really short wings with antique trim) and Leffot (long wings with antique trim). I jumped at the chance to snag a pair after my brother informed me Alden of San Francisco had acquired them. Thanks to style forum for informing him! Here are a few photos I've snapped. I can't wait to break them in! These will hold down my brown/tan shoe fort until summer returns and I can wear my snuff suede shoes again. As far as the black vs antique trim goes, I can live with the black trim, but I would prefer antique. If I ever wear these out, I'll ask Alden if they can switch the trim when they are rebuilt. Apologies if these showed up in the main galleries. I meant to only upload these into my personal gallery. These are in a Barrie Last size 7D.
This is more or less my idea of a perfect ravello shoe. Darker ravello shade (with pronounced red and caramel tones) with dark edged sole. Beautiful shoe.

Last edited:

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before I realized I am a 9.5 in the Barrie I bought a pair of size 10 PTBs. I'm using very large tongue pads but even still the shoe is a bit too roomy for me. Does anyone have experience using shoe inserts to improve to tighten up the fit? And advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I realized I'm an 8D in the Barrie and 8.5D in the Grant after making some earlier purchases in these lasts in 8.5d and 9d respectively. For the larger sizes I wear them with a full leather insole with arch support from Pedag and it does a pretty good job tightening up the fit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics