• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppith

Reaction score
These look fantastic - great choice.
By the way, it took me a minute to realize that's a table cloth. I thought you had a really odd rug.

It's actually a dust cover for my Steinway grand piano. Sadly, I haven't played classical piano in years (computer science got in the way). Maybe after I retire I'll play again. :)

ppith

Reaction score
The photos I took of the ravello shells have the shoes sitting on the dust cover of my Steinway grand piano. I guess it does look like a table cloth! Sadly, I haven't played in years (computer science got in the way when I was in college). Maybe after I retire...

I forgot to mention Alden of San Francisco threw in a free tan paste wax with my shoes. :D

Last edited:

mothball

Reaction score
Black Lady Calf WT Boots from Leather Soul.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before I realized I am a 9.5 in the Barrie I bought a pair of size 10 PTBs. I'm using very large tongue pads but even still the shoe is a bit too roomy for me. Does anyone have experience using shoe inserts to improve to tighten up the fit? And advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Tacco makes a leather insert (thinnest), Spenco a thin basic one and then you'll get into thick ones. Go to a shoe repair shop and check out options.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weird. I just double checked my Roy boots and they are 7.5B, my indys in 7.5D that I got last week were way too narrow. I figured B was wider than D, but now that I look at the chart Bs are actually "narrow". I've tried on a pair of 8D Indys locally and they fit better.. it's the same last though.. makes my head spin @_@

You're reading the shoe marking wrong. It's B/D, right?

B is the heel, D is the width.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black Lady Calf WT Boots from Leather Soul.

Great looking boot. I tried to pick this up from LS after they were discounted to 300 but they sold out right before I contacted them.

herrmj

Reaction score
Before I realized I am a 9.5 in the Barrie I bought a pair of size 10 PTBs. I'm using very large tongue pads but even still the shoe is a bit too roomy for me. Does anyone have experience using shoe inserts to improve to tighten up the fit? And advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Try the pedag holiday 3/4 insole - leaves room for the toes, slight arch support.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The photos I took of the ravello shells have the shoes sitting on the dust cover of my Steinway grand piano.  I guess it does look like a table cloth!  Sadly, I haven't played in years (computer science got in the way when I was in college).  Maybe after I retire...

I forgot to mention Alden of San Francisco threw in a free tan paste wax with my shoes.  :D

Was it tan or brown? Every ravello order I have received from Alden SF has had a brown paste wax enclosed, not tan.

FENWAY

Reaction score

Weird. I just double checked my Roy boots and they are 7.5B, my indys in 7.5D that I got last week were way too narrow. I figured B was wider than D, but now that I look at the chart Bs are actually "narrow". I've tried on a pair of 8D Indys locally and they fit better.. it's the same last though.. makes my head spin @_@

I've owned a couple pair of Roy's, and they simply don't fit like the Indy trubalance. I've questioned it and was shown the hand :brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads