• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference other than the stitching pattern on the back of the heel, between the BB tassel moc and the standard Alden tassel moc? Are both on the aberdeen last? Any recommendations between the two? Wanting to pick up a pair of color 8 in either version. Thanks in advance...

MickCollins1916

Reaction score

LSxSF boot in #8 today

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Great look man. Is that the A.P.C. Harris Tweed sport coat? If so I've got the same one and I love it.

Thanks! it's not, it's a paul smith jacket I picked up at the sample sale. will defo check out the apc one though.

wow, checked it out, it is the same fabric or VERY similar. this is not branded as Harris tweed though.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great look man. Is that the A.P.C. Harris Tweed sport coat? If so I've got the same one and I love it.

Thanks! it's not, it's a paul smith jacket I picked up at the sample sale. will defo check out the apc one though.

wow, checked it out, it is the same fabric or VERY similar. this is not branded as Harris tweed though.

My first thought was APC Harris tweed jacket too.
Looks good.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My jacket has the Harris Tweed 'Orb' sewn inside. But i agree i dont recall them saying it was Harris Tweed on the APC page.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar Cap's from DC today
Levis Hesher Selvedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ElDave

Reaction score

Big fan of the 9751, the unsung hero among the shell gunboats... congrats!!

Agreed. I bought a pair of color 8 LWBs and wasn't so sure about them at first. After a handful of wearings, I really started to like them and I like them more each time I wear them. Making me think a black LWB would be a good purchase. And they look SO good with dark jeans.

LSxSF boot in #8 today

Thank you for posting. I have been considering a pair like thisbut wanted to see how they looked with some wear.

100 yrs

Reaction score

Try the pedag holiday 3/4 insole - leaves room for the toes, slight arch support.

when folks use an insole, do you remove the alden heel pad?

(intrigued as I have a roomy shoe problem - see sig. tongue pad helps some)

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My three shell additions Christmas gifts. The last one just arrived today...

An ebayer gave me a deal I couldn't refuse; RL's Marlow short wingtip, NIB. I know, I need to expand beyond the blucher. That will be my New Year's resolution!

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My three shell additions Christmas gifts. The last one just arrived today...
An ebayer gave me a deal I couldn't refuse; RL's Marlow short wingtip, NIB. I know, I need to expand beyond the blucher. That will be my New Year's resolution!
Excellent additions. Enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads