• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
IMG_9667.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Sure it is simply coincidental that the UPS truck seems to take longer when a Green Box is scheduled for delivery. Well no GB for me today but I have been anxiously waiting (sweating) for these to come back from Aram. This one was a little scary because it involved work that I didn’t think could be done but Aram assured me that he could. I wanted to convert double-leather to commando but I wanted the Alden factory commando where the rubber was integrated into the leather. And this was on some Ravello beauties that are as perfect a shade as any I’ve ever owned or seen.

Aram delivered and I could not be more pleased.

image.jpg image.jpg

I’ve had these for a few years with maybe 3 wears. The leather soles, light color and Barrie last made them tweeners for me. Well, they have just nudged themselves into the rotation.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2127753 Sure it is simply coincidental that the UPS truck seems to take longer when a Green Box is scheduled for delivery. Well no GB for me today but I have been anxiously waiting (sweating) for these to come back from Aram. This one was a little scary because it involved work that I didn’t think could be done but Aram assured me that he could. I wanted to convert double-leather to commando but I wanted the Alden factory commando where the rubber was integrated into the leather. And this was on some Ravello beauties that are as perfect a shade as any I’ve ever owned or seen.

View attachment 2127755 View attachment 2127757

I’ve had these for a few years with maybe 3 wears. The leather soles, light color and Barrie last made them tweeners for me. Well, they have just nudged themselves into the rotation.
Nice looking work (and boots)! Just curious, why the conversion from leather to commando? The uppers don't look very worn, so just a matter of preference over the need to resole? I've spoken with Aram a couple times and he's always mentioned his ability to get Alden components, which is great and a big draw to go with him (when the time is needed). Now seeing his work, it seems like a no-brainer.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looking work (and boots)! Just curious, why the conversion from leather to commando? The uppers don't look very worn, so just a matter of preference over the need to resole? I've spoken with Aram a couple times and he's always mentioned his ability to get Alden components, which is great and a big draw to go with him (when the time is needed). Now seeing his work, it seems like a no-brainer.

Thanks! I could drone on for paragraphs but it honestly comes down to two factors. Style of dress and too many dang boots. With denim, I’m more comfortable in commando and the light color and Barrie last meant I was always reaching for other boots when dressing up. I’ve wanted a Ravello jumper for years but after getting them, they just seemed to be a tweeter. But you’re right, the uppers and soles were virtually new which added to my hesitation. But now that I have them, I am thrilled. They are what I’ve always wanted and will get much more wear going forward.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2127753 Sure it is simply coincidental that the UPS truck seems to take longer when a Green Box is scheduled for delivery. Well no GB for me today but I have been anxiously waiting (sweating) for these to come back from Aram. This one was a little scary because it involved work that I didn’t think could be done but Aram assured me that he could. I wanted to convert double-leather to commando but I wanted the Alden factory commando where the rubber was integrated into the leather. And this was on some Ravello beauties that are as perfect a shade as any I’ve ever owned or seen.

"just nudged themselves into the rotation"

I'm sure you'll get many wears out of these beautiful boots! Congrats and wear them in great health!

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede care tips?

I'm not overly precious about my suede, enjoying them more and finding them more resilient than smooth leathers, plus I find that they're becoming the "regular" boot that I reach for these days. I coat them with Kiwi Protect All, but any other care tips from those with longer ownership experience? My oldest (and first) Alden's were the Dades from Madison, so about 3 years old with regular-ish wear. This is triggered by some random (probably BS) Reddit article today that I read about soaking rain ruining suede, unless it's Repello. I have not worn then in a soaking wet experience, out of sheer coincidence, but would like to hear opinions from those that have. I don't buy into the "ruined" claim, but I do like giving my boots the care they need and deserve.

Just need some black and tan suede now...

IMG_2036.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede care tips?

I'm not overly precious about my suede, enjoying them more and finding them more resilient than smooth leathers, plus I find that they're becoming the "regular" boot that I reach for these days. I coat them with Kiwi Protect All, but any other care tips from those with longer ownership experience? My oldest (and first) Alden's were the Dades from Madison, so about 3 years old with regular-ish wear. This is triggered by some random (probably BS) Reddit article today that I read about soaking rain ruining suede, unless it's Repello. I have not worn then in a soaking wet experience, out of sheer coincidence, but would like to hear opinions from those that have. I don't buy into the "ruined" claim, but I do like giving my boots the care they need and deserve.

View attachment 2127921
Nice collection! I use nano protector and brush after each wear.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for these Alden Madison "Shaking Boots" in Tobacco Smooth Chamois. Love this style with the perf tip and quarter brogue pattern (minus the heel broguing and added heel stay). These are like the rugged version of the B+M "Davis Boot" which I also love.
1000009658.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede care tips?

View attachment 2127921
I hit mine with Saphir Suede Renovateur spray once I get them and then Saphir Suede Invulner. Regular maintenance is just brushing with a suede brush (try to avoid the copper bristle brush unless you need to restore the nap).

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These came out really nice. What was the turn around time from Aram? I have a pair of plain toe shells I'm looking to get resoled soon. Do you know if he'll use soles a customer might supply?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals. Nice weather so back to some shoes. Ravello.

IMG_3630.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These came out really nice. What was the turn around time from Aram? I have a pair of plain toe shells I'm looking to get resoled soon. Do you know if he'll use soles a customer might supply?

Thanks. Turn around time varies but he is usually pretty good. These took longer than normal and I had to reach out to get a status. Happens, but not often. Aram is like a really good point guard, no matter how much you pressure him, you can’t speed him up. He understands that it is far better to annoy a customer by being late rather than doing substandard work that can’t be undone. Again, generally not an issue.

As for using customer-supplied soles, can’t assist with that. Reach out to him directly. Guarantee he’ll respond.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads