• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the male population of North America, and the number of dedicated Alden retailers, there are a lot of Alden shoes/boots out there. We are a small sampling of the shoe buying population, and I'm afraid not representative of the "norm". How many Indy 403/5's were sold based solely on the movies? There are Alden customers out there, we just miss them when we are out, I'm convinced of it.
I know two others in my workplace that have several pairs of Alden (suede LHS, Shell tassels, 9015, and Shell full straps), and another coworker that owns a bunch of C&J and Carmina.

At my wife’s law firm nearly all the older partners wear shell tassels. It’s almost like an old school uniform for them.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F05F2878-8FC3-47CA-89EC-6939FA2966B4.jpeg
Unlined front NST from AoC landed today, as well as cap toe on commando from Brogue.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone use Allen Edmonds Chili Edge Dressing for Aldens' Antique Dressing? If so, do you think it's a decent match?

Very much. See page 1 of the Alden thread to see some before and after photos.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very much. See page 1 of the Alden thread to see some before and after photos.

IMO neutral is much better. Keeps the original tone/color and still leaves it looking brand new. Unless you deliberately aim to change the edge color a bit, I really think neutral is a better choice.

I stand corrected. The page I was thinking of says:

To add color to the scuff, I touched it up with AE’s Walnut cream polish (“Premium Shoe Polish” in the tube). For reference, AE’s walnut shoes are a light to medium brown. I then applied a thin layer/small amount of AE’s brown carnauba wax polish to the entire edge trim. IMO it came out well.
Before & After pics below. In the before images, I bumped up the exposure & sharpening to make the damage more easily visible.”

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1109595

X Post from Boots Thread.

Reverse Tobacco x Alden of Carmel.

Damn, that is one cool boot.

View attachment 1109805 Unlined front NST from AoC landed today, as well as cap toe on commando from Brogue.

Nice choices. The unlined NST is one of my most worn pair of footwear.

Belated Happy New Year! I am almost embarrassed by how many times I have prematurely sold a pair of shoes only to reacquire them later. My BB fullstraps are but one example. Finally ended my search when I grabbed these off the bay. With shipping, paid about $80. Planned to ship them straight to Alden for a recraft but I was doing shoe maintenance and decided to see if anything could be done with them. Came out ok.....

20190118_204635.jpg

Here's what they looked like upon delivery.....

20190118_195432.jpg

And a family shot with their brother from another mother, my unlined BB's (another premature sale and reacquisition).....

20190118_204654.jpg

I am no longer amazed at the recuperative powers of Alden color 8 shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members