• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , wanted to know if anyone had any info on the Niemen Marcus x Alden's they carried , like the last they carried and also the year?

I've seen one pair of 2210 pop up on eBay from time to time for several years. The NST is on the Aberdeen last. Not sure how long ago they were made.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar Friday fellas. Have a great day!
IMG_2065.JPG

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whilst I'm on the Cigar subject. I received a pair of RL Gianni's yesterday. Been wanting these for a while and a pair happened to pop up on the bay in my size. Did a little work on them and they turned out great. Spoiler pic:
IMG_1958.JPG

Last edited:

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Alden Experts,

From looking at Alden SD's website, there appears to be a special, lighter colored antique sole edge, referred to as "tan" antique.

http://aldenofsandiego.com/alden-whiskey-monk/

Does anyone have a sense on how different these tan antique are compared to the standard darker antique?

Thanks!

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Hope everybody is having good wednsday! These showed up today from Adam to replace the snuff loafer from TSM that doesn't fit. Now the only question is which color laces for denim/chinos, Brown or tan?
once again if anybody is interested in 8.5D snuff van last from TSM for an awesome price pm me. Edited to add.. if anybody has something they want to trade in 8.5D barrie or equivalent for the loafers I'm open to that also.
R1iCfowl.jpg

6bGL2gnl.jpg

R1iCfowl.jpg

What a lovely make up! Please share more pics when you get a chance. For laces, I would go with Tan over Dark.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Experts,

From looking at Alden SD's website, there appears to be a special, lighter colored antique sole edge, referred to as "tan" antique.

http://aldenofsandiego.com/alden-whiskey-monk/

Does anyone have a sense on how different these tan antique are compared to the standard darker antique?

Thanks!

Should be the same standard light antique edge. I think the darker antique you're referring to is pretty much dark brown.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. All of the wonderful shades of whiskey, cognac, ravello and cigar have made me search high and low for some brown shell. No Alden opportunity has presented itself other than a vague "you're on the list" promise that will likely never occur. So I was super excited to find some NOS Mason LWBs in dark brown shell. Are they cigar, coffee, dark chocolate or some other named version of dark brown? Who knows. But they certainly fill a hole in the collection and will do until the Alden opportunity presents itself. Yes, I have posted them elsewhere, but its like sharing pictures of a new baby. Sorry. Maiden voyage today.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 176.jpg

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. All of the wonderful shades of whiskey, cognac, ravello and cigar have made me search high and low for some brown shell. No Alden opportunity has presented itself other than a vague "you're on the list" promise that will likely never occur. So I was super excited to find some NOS Mason LWBs in dark brown shell. Are they cigar, coffee, dark chocolate or some other named version of dark brown? Who knows. But they certainly fill a hole in the collection and will do until the Alden opportunity presents itself. Yes, I have posted them elsewhere, but its like sharing pictures of a new baby. Sorry. Maiden voyage today.

Great pick up doc.

KT88

Reaction score
Image borrowed from Alden SD.
Does anybody sand, Dremel, file, whatever, the "edges" of the Alden antique sole. You can see it on the bottom here, but I have a pair with a prominent ridge top and bottom ... it just bothers me. And since it sticks out, it is the first to get nicked up. I thought maybe better to burnish in out? Appreciate any input. Thanks, and have a great weekend everybody!

Alden-Whiskey-Shell-Cordovan-Monk-Strap-2-1024x680.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads