• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baselinemerc

Reaction score
Got my brooks brothers lhs. Was really worried about sizing. I'm a 9e in the trubalance. I have 9.5 in the Barrie plain toe bluchers. I was worried but the width is perfect so I'm happy going up to a 9.5 but I have some minor heel slip. I'm joking it goes away with break in .
d08bf4af3098b136e7a82304de8a3cb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some amazing looking cigar, especially out of the box.. sadly, it'll probability be awhile before another run.

YOu're right. I didn't realize it has to do with the availability of the leather. I get it now. Horween is in shortage on Cordovan.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has an Cigar Indy in 11.5D they want to part with I'll add BOOT ($$$) pun intended. LOL.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For anyone curious about the shade of cigar from the just dropped TSM Indys, well in direct afternoon sunlight I'd say it's rather quite splendid.

Edit to add: sadly these aren't mine, they belong to TO Tie Guy. I was just honored to be able to give them a temporary home at the moment.

Stunners. Can't wait till tomorrow :)

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my brooks brothers lhs. Was really worried about sizing. I'm a 9e in the trubalance. I have 9.5 in the Barrie plain toe bluchers. I was worried but the width is perfect so I'm happy going up to a 9.5 but I have some minor heel slip. I'm joking it goes away with break in .
d08bf4af3098b136e7a82304de8a3cb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you return? These expand a bit and, if you've got heel slip now, it's gonna get worse.

baselinemerc

Reaction score

Quote:
Can you return? These expand a bit and, if you've got heel slip now, it's gonna get worse.
I can return but if I go a shorter length I don't think the width will work. These actually fit like my AE randolphs. I had heel slip when they were new but as I broke them in it went away. I'm hoping that's the case with these. I mocked up some heel pads yesterday and no slip. Do these expand a lot ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man those are nice.

Were they a one time thing or does Alden release those now and again.

They were from Alden SF a couple of years back but I don't believe they are running them anymore. I did see a few people this year have new pairs posted in the thread but I am not sure where they came from, I want to say The Shoe Mart but could be wrong. Once you find out which retailer has plans to run them again you could contact them and see if you are able to get on a waiting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads