• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Essentially the #8 Shell Tanker on Commando/Antique has been the one Alden must have boot for me...I placed an order for it maybe Feb of 2015 in size 12.5 and promptly watched orders come in all over the place for Tankers but not ours...lol The same month there was a special drop of #8 Indy on crepe...I bought and never wore them...honestly was not a crepe fan at the time..I now love the crepe for its comfort..but still never wore those J Crew's and just held them as a hedge bet in case the Tanker did not work out or came with specs wrong.

Tankers Arrived this past week..beautiful - my dream Tanker is all eyelets and brass...so a conversion will happen...if

JCrew Alden Indy

Side by Side with Tanker

One has to go...especially as I have the JCrew Cap Toe #8 and a Brixton #8 on pre order(which probably will go also)...I am pretty firmly leaning towards keeping the Tanker and I have a Cigar shell Indy already...but something keeps me looking back at that #8 Indy...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Circumstances lead me to getting a tan suede pair but I always loved the snuff first, if a pair popped up in my size on the used market I probably couldn't resist. Great purchase!

Do yourself a favour though and get these, one of the few pairs of no show socks that I find actually stay in place and out of sight: https://www.amazon.ca/Sperry-Signature-Stripe-Liner-Large/dp/B00IFQX7F6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1476891795&sr=8-8&keywords=sperry+sock+liner

Those look great (besides the socks). Where did you grab them?

Yeah, sorry about the socks, guys. These are my first loafers so I don't have many options yet. No shows are generally hard due to my wide forefeet and narrow heels, but I appreciate any recommendations!

These loafers are from Alden Madison. Curtis was really helpful getting me sized up properly. I've had difficulty with Alden last's in the past...

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Thanks for the info and advice! I should have mentioned that the modified last works well for my odd feet, so I was hoping I might find some here. Although, I do have quite large feet, so that might not work well if they stock smaller sizes.

Moulded Sole in NYC carries lots of Modified last Aldens. Don't know if that helps....

Visited Alden DC yesterday and the long waited #8 indy boots on grant last have arrived. Contact them if you are interested.

Wow those took a long time! They look cool. I'm pretty sure Kathy just called me about these as I was typing just now lol!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Essentially the #8 Shell Tanker on Commando/Antique has been the one Alden must have boot for me...I placed an order for it maybe Feb of 2015 in size 12.5 and promptly watched orders come in all over the place for Tankers but not ours...lol The same month there was a special drop of #8 Indy on crepe...I bought and never wore them...honestly was not a crepe fan at the time..I now love the crepe for its comfort..but still never wore those J Crew's and just held them as a hedge bet in case the Tanker did not work out or came with specs wrong.
Tankers Arrived this past week..beautiful - my dream Tanker is all eyelets and brass...so a conversion will happen...if JCrew Alden Indy Side by Side with Tanker
One has to go...especially as I have the JCrew Cap Toe #8 and a Brixton #8 on pre order(which probably will go also)...I am pretty firmly leaning towards keeping the Tanker and I have a Cigar shell Indy already...but something keeps me looking back at that #8 Indy...
Great looking Tankers! Congrats! Those #8 Brixtons pre-orders are over the 1 year mark now. Bet we don't see them till the Spring. :confused:

BenLeaman

Reaction score
@TO Tie Guy I have something for you!

Cough....cigar...cough, cough...Indys

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! So many great makeups posted. I've been going back and forth between these and my LWB's for Dodger gameday. It's been working thus far.:slayer:

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

For anyone curious about the shade of cigar from the just dropped TSM Indys, well in direct afternoon sunlight I'd say it's rather quite splendid.

Edit to add: sadly these aren't mine, they belong to TO Tie Guy. I was just honored to be able to give them a temporary home at the moment.

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For anyone curious about the shade of cigar from the just dropped TSM Indys, well in direct afternoon sunlight I'd say it's rather quite splendid.

damn, I need to take mine of the box and check them out. color looks good

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, why won't someone sell me the 8D already!
drool.gif

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some amazing looking cigar, especially out of the box.. sadly, it'll probability be awhile before another run.

mraza

Reaction score

My first tanker #8 shell from Alden Madison ave , Barrie last
[ATTACHMENT=13845]IMG_0495.JPG (1,302k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them