• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLVol

Reaction score
Finally. Gonna be a good day I hope.

34255f49fe2f398505127415591ae23b.jpg

so nice.....congratulations csmitty

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving the Indies!..All Eyelets rule...I really need to get mine converted to all eyelets

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
When @BenLeaman texted me the pic he posted of them I almost fell out of my chair.

BenLeaman

Reaction score

When @BenLeaman texted me the pic he posted of them I almost fell out of my chair.

Imagine opening them, having your mind blown and then having to box them back up and set aside for someone else. That's some kind of torture!

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This batch of cigar looks excellent. Enjoy.

Have other recent runs of cigar looked this good? I hope future Ravello shades look as fantastic.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally. Gonna be a good day I hope.

Beautiful !! Congrats
Where you buy from?
It seems like nobody carry it

These came from The Shoe Mart. They aren't a standard makeup and are special order. Even then it can be limited pairs made. I seem to remember I was the first to get on this list back in Jan. 15. Needless to say it takes a while.

seasquirrel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and advice! I should have mentioned that the modified last works well for my odd feet, so I was hoping I might find some here. Although, I do have quite large feet, so that might not work well if they stock smaller sizes.

Moulded Sole in NYC carries lots of Modified last Aldens. Don't know if that helps....

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've bought several pairs from Moulded, and been happy with their service. However, the rumor was I might find shell modified in Japan. :)
Unfortunately, I didn't find any. But Tokyo is a fun city to explore!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One occasionally runs across a vintage item connected with our favorite brand of shoes. In this case it is a vintage Alden travel shoe shine kit. This item was made in Italy and uses crocodile on the lid. It appears to contain a horse hair brush, a tube of shoe cream, application brush and a shoe horn. I am surprised that the brushes appear to be lower in quality with widely spaced bristles. But this may have been created as something to just get a man through a trip and back home where the shoes can be properly maintained. I have no idea when this item was created or its distribution. I think the $166 being asked by the Ebay seller is optimistic, but to a diehard Alden guy it may be just the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members