• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to think that I had a hand in this enabling.

Tif will return the favor and then some if you keep hanging out in the EG thread.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tif will return the favor and then some if you keep hanging out in the EG thread.

Oh, I've been a regular lurker there (and GG, StC, Rancourt, Meccariello threads) for some time...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before googling a green suede LHS I had never even heard of them, they look to have a nice selection of Alden though for sure.

He is a 2nd or 3rd generation owner. Its a small shop in Market Square in the heart of downtown. He's got a nice selection of quite a few brands and was actually ahead of the curve on green suede. I saw a pair of chukkas that I came close to buying along with the LHS's in his shop before i saw them anywhere online.

My first interaction with him came 4-5 years ago, before i had ever heard of Alden or shell cordovan. He had a pair of shoes in his window that drew me in. While i dont recall the brand, they were on sale for $299. I remember thinking, what kind of fool pays $300 for a pair of shoes? I'm sure he could tell i wasnt interested but he was very cordial and respectful. Returned 2 years ago and was lamenting how frustrating it was in trying to find a pair of ravello longwings. He showed me a pair of cognac carmina's and $700 later, a relationship was borne. At that point, i had never heard of carmina.

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to impulse buy (with instant gratification) in years. Edward Green goes like this: "Ordered! Maybe I'll see them in 10 months".
I am also seriously considering the same thing. I have not purchased any new (Alden) shoes in almost a year... long story. This suede NST boot looks sweet and could be at my door in a few days. (not sure about green though; they would easily stand out as a new item in my better half's eyes
uhoh.gif
)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I am also seriously considering the same thing.  I have not purchased any new (Alden) shoes in almost a year... long story.  This suede NST boot looks sweet and could be at my door in a few days.  (not sure about green though; they would easily stand out as a new item in my better half's eyes  :uhoh: )

Haha! The boots already shipped, too! It's been an hour!

Luckily I just purged a pair of boots, so I have some play money. Wife can't say anything! (not that I care) (I hope she isn't reading this)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am also seriously considering the same thing.  I have not purchased any new (Alden) shoes in almost a year... long story.  This suede NST boot looks sweet and could be at my door in a few days.  (not sure about green though; they would easily stand out as a new item in my better half's eyes  :uhoh: )

Hunting green is a darker, more discrete green. Think more camo and less Kermit.

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score
Maybe we can speak to Yenni about the green tanker issue. I asked her to consider a burnished tan calf tanker for next year since I don't want to hold my breath for an 8.5d whiskey tanker (that said, if you're looking to part with one, please contact me ASAP).

Would you guys consider a harder-wearing reverse green chamois tanker on commando with antique finish? Then it could be the sh:+ kicking counterpart to our shell tankers. If I recall, Leffot did a reverse green chammy boot recently...

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the mean greens!

Nice look there Spoo. Those Tassels are pretty cool. I think I said this here many times, but I really love my Navy and Snuff Suede Tassels.

You enabler!

Its tempting but ive got two more on deck, one being cigar. Barrie last is not my favorite, TBH. I dont know if thats blasphemy here but Im strictly Aberdeen, with the occasional Van for a loafer thrown in. I prefer a more narrow last, most of my other shoes are GG/Vass etc.

The Barrie Last, being Alden's most popular (mainly because it is the most forgiving last - size wise), is not my favorite either. The Aberdeen Last fits me the best as does the Plaza, but I really love the look of the Plaza Last personally.

Black Suede Aberdeen Full Straps
7111dc70b28c5feda2c47f7091ae1f3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are enjoying those now, aren't you?

Looking superb in your Black Shell LHSes.

Hunting green is a darker, more discrete green. Think more camo and less Kermit.

Those are pretty subtle, but still a lovely makeup!

-Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's another question. Is there any explanation as to why Alden has never done exotics? Gator, lizard, etc. Thats truly never ever been produced, right? Im an exotic guy, so the thought of a full strap loafer in baby croc or lizard is very appealing to me.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Here's another question. Is there any explanation as to why Alden has never done exotics? Gator, lizard, etc. Thats truly never ever been produced, right? Im an exotic guy, so the thought of a full strap loafer in baby croc or lizard is very appealing to me.

Sounds like a job for Saint Crispin's, Spoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads