• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelnik

Reaction score

Looking at their site right now.can anyone compare alden barrie last to crockett 335 last?
To me they are almost identical in fit. I wear an 8.5D in Barrie and 8E UK. I have 9 pairs of shell cordovan between Alden and C&J and my favorite of all time is the Skye dark brown cordovan. I've got my eye on the Harlechs but still think I prefer the BB cap toe boot.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has the price for Chamois leather always been that high?
uhoh.gif
I don't think so - somebody's been looking at Viberg's website...

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden today for filial duties. Must have coffee!

Doctor's office in the morning.

Blood-work at noon.

Doctor's in the afternoon.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uhoh.gif
I don't think so - somebody's been looking at Viberg's website...

Respectfully, if someone at Alden is trying to price Alden boots close to Viberg's I want some of what they are smoking!

There is no comparison between the quality, QC and construction of the two company's boots so I hope they chill.

(Back to our regularly scheduled programming.)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:uhoh:   I don't think so - somebody's been looking at Viberg's website...

Respectfully, if someone at Alden is trying to price Alden boots close to Viberg's I want some of what they are smoking!

There is no comparison between the quality, QC and construction of the two company's boots so I hope they chill.

i am guessing it is just the vendor...context is often priced more than others for both vibergs and aldens

of course Alden will happily lower heals 1/8 of an inch....lol

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Based on what I've heard about and seen online of Brett Viberg, I'm not buying any of his stuff, nor would I pay Alden shell prices for it, but whatever.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Based on what I've heard about and seen online of Brett Viberg, I'm not buying any of his stuff, nor would I pay Alden shell prices for it, but whatever. 

Brett had a few bad weeks for sure...however they do work with styleforum to produce some really small batch GMTOs that are simply amazing. Not many companies would do that.So sometimes you have to give a little rope.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brett had a few bad weeks for sure...however they do work with styleforum to produce some really small batch GMTOs that are simply amazing. Not many companies would do that.So sometimes you have to give a little rope.
I know a couple people who have met him, and I don't think it was a bad week, but I digress other than to say I've got a pair of derbys on order from Truman...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know a couple people who have met him, and I don't think it was a bad week, but I digress other than to say I've got a pair of derbys on order from Truman...

me too!

mraza

Reaction score
Guys,
Please help me understand . Why Alden flood shell market with color 8 and black? I am not Alden pro , only recently following Alden and bought first pair of shell 8 tanker boots.
I am so disappointed not to have more color choices in shell.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Please help me understand . Why Alden flood shell market with color 8 and black? I am not Alden pro , only recently following Alden and bought first pair of shell 8 tanker boots.
Limited shell translates to mass desire and Cha-Ching!

That doesn't mean I don't want a Cigar Tanker or Indy.
biggrin.gif

mraza

Reaction score

To me they are almost identical in fit. I wear an 8.5D in Barrie and 8E UK. I have 9 pairs of shell cordovan between Alden and C&J and my favorite of all time is the Skye dark brown cordovan. I've got my eye on the Harlechs but still think I prefer the BB cap toe boot.

Where can I buy skye cordovan?
Thank you

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Guys,

I, too, wish for more color choices. I found a short comment on the horween website that tends to address the darker colors of shell:

"As some people have heard or read, the "lighter" and "darker" colors of cordovan are that way for a reason. The leather, being a unique medium, has highs and lows in terms of natural color. The darker shells are many times that way because this makes for the most uniform finished product."

mraza

Reaction score

I, too, wish for more color choices. I found a short comment on the horween website that tends to address the darker colors of shell:

"As some people have heard or read, the "lighter" and "darker" colors of cordovan are that way for a reason. The leather, being a unique medium, has highs and lows in terms of natural color. The darker shells are many times that way because this makes for the most uniform finished product."

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads