• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today's wallet damage report. NST Tanker Trubalance Indy #8 Antique Welt. The boot doesn't know what it wants to be when it growns up. Damn comfortable boot though.. :nodding:

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thank you all for your feedback. I sent the shoe back. Hopefully the boot will find another happy home .

Now I want to buy cigar shell 8.5 d or e :) anyone?

Why don't you buy a Crockett & Jones Harlech in brown cordovan?
They're about $680 + shipping from the UK.
Or a brown cordovan Skye for around $700 + shipping.

They're both stock models this season.
Exchange rates are insane right now.
Reap the benefit while you can.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I forgot to mention why I selected both of those. Well, they are about 3-4 years old and both are great examples of old school 8 and Cigar coloring. The 8 is actually rich and eggplanty and the Cigar is, well, browny Cigar goodness. Neither looks like each other, which unfortunately most Cigar and 8 releases look like recently.

Your boots are both looking superb Iron.

Choco suede 6-eye chukka
63978fbf47adb0a65da0ef09b8190415.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Alden Choco Chukkas are looking superb Don and look like they suit you very well.

Very sad day today . Received Indy pacman from Yenni with defects. The pair is heading back to Yenni. See attached pictures, what you guys think of the defects?

@mraza I am sorry to see your discontent with the welt lines. I will re-iterate what many others here have stated. Alden makes a fantastic shoe, but their welt lines are very frequently not clean like the pair that you received. You could probably walk through my closet and see a large number of those kinds of welts.

Cigar chukka AOM

Superb @shoetree , those Cigar Chukka Boots look absolutely superb.

Attached picture as per your request.
Unfortunately $620 imperfections bother me :-(

Those look great to me, can't see the imperfection at all from here! Not too different than what everyone else will see! :)

Today's wallet damage report. NST Tanker Trubalance Indy #8 Antique Welt. The boot doesn't know what it wants to be when it growns up. Damn comfortable boot though..
nod[1].gif

Great looking Tanker today and glad that you are enjoying your boots!

-Mike

cnation

Reaction score
Why don't you buy a Crockett & Jones Harlech in brown cordovan?
They're about $680 + shipping from the UK.
Or a brown cordovan Skye for around $700 + shipping.

They're both stock models this season.
Exchange rates are insane right now.
Reap the benefit while you can.
Looking at their site right now.can anyone compare alden barrie last to crockett 335 last?

ltjaw

Reaction score
Could anyone share thoughts or preferences on the V-tip blucher vs the NST blucher? I am considering one of these in color 8 but am uncertain about which way to go.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone share thoughts or preferences on the V-tip blucher vs the NST blucher? I am considering one of these in color 8 but am uncertain about which way to go.

The NST's hand stitching, in my opinion, is the reason I would choose it over the V-tip. It just adds a more personal touch to each and every shoe.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the v-tip is a little more formal. Personally I prefer the NST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members