• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I noticed the preview says delivery will be between March and July. Normally it’s March to October and October to March for the FW. So the shortened season may be affecting collection size. 🤷‍♂️

Jerkstore

Reaction score
They also seemed to omit these flannels from the preview. What a weird collection. Very few items actually seem new.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Real McCoys preview is up. Kinda boring and stuff we’d seen before.

Agree. I do like the new version of the roughout type III - boxier fit and colour looks truer to vintage ones. I could see some people preferring the older version though.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we've mentioned TCB Jeans here in the past but I just noticed they are now being carried by Williamsburg Garment Co. It's a tiny selection but it's nice to see them here in the U.S. I've got a pair of their "50's Jeans" and think they're probably about the best value in terms of Japanese selvedge denim.

I've wanted to try one of their denim jackets but have always been worried about the sizing and then possibly dealing with the hassle of sending it back to Japan. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they start offering those at Williamsburg too.

Cobra

Reaction score
I still owe you a review of the toys McCoy m-43, but for now i must post these.
IMG_0927.jpeg

jmiller123

Reaction score
I know we've mentioned TCB Jeans here in the past but I just noticed they are now being carried by Williamsburg Garment Co. It's a tiny selection but it's nice to see them here in the U.S. I've got a pair of their "50's Jeans" and think they're probably about the best value in terms of Japanese selvedge denim.

I've wanted to try one of their denim jackets but have always been worried about the sizing and then possibly dealing with the hassle of sending it back to Japan. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they start offering those at Williamsburg too.
I've been really thinking of grabbing a pair of 50s. The only thing that throws me is that often when I see images of them, there is a decent amount of excess material around the crotch. Do you find that settles in after wear/wash?

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 7.11.28 PM.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been really thinking of grabbing a pair of 50s. The only thing that throws me is that often when I see images of them, there is a decent amount of excess material around the crotch. Do you find that settles in after wear/wash?

View attachment 2123045

I’ve got an absolutely massive hog, Hunter Biden style, so it works well for me!

Honestly, never noticed an excessive amount of fabric there. If there ever was, it’s not anywhere near as noticeable now that they’ve been washed and worn a bunch.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2123045

Mine still do this a bit even after 3.5yrs of wear lol. I don't think it looks too bad in person when you're actually moving around in them vs static photo. The amount of leg twist they get might also contribute to it? I dunno.

I just put an order in for Sugar Cane "super denim collectibles" 1946 model which hopefully will be good (and fit...) They have some CSF style quirky imperfect stitching:laugh:

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Does anyone have any sizing information on the RMC A2 (model 220/MJ22001) jacket? Trying to figure out sizing between a 44 and 46

I wear a 46 in the flat head delraiser of any help much help. Some places say they run true to size but from what I roughly know about RMC is that they run small/jp sizing

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
Does anyone have any sizing information on the RMC A2 (model 220/MJ22001) jacket? Trying to figure out sizing between a 44 and 46

I wear a 46 in the flat head delraiser of any help much help. Some places say they run true to size but from what I roughly know about RMC is that they run small/jp sizing

New models (e.g. 220 and others introduced in 2022/2023) are true to size by western standards as they are significantly larger than previous corresponding models with the same size number.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

measurements on their site should be accurate

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
measurements on their site should be accurate
New models (e.g. 220 and others introduced in 2022/2023) are true to size by western standards as they are significantly larger than previous corresponding models with the same size number.
Thank you! Was just a bit confusing as different sites have a bit of a variance in measurement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads