• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wongtouski

Reaction score

Was in The Armoury yesterday (Abercrombie & Fitch location) for the first time and felt the staff was not helpful and in fact border line disinterested.

Has anyone tried bespoke at Moustache?

http://www.moustachehongkong.com

I have tried. They're not tailors themselves and their style is 70's inspired. I still got a good suit all things considered as it was my first, but looking back I would have more requests in terms of styling. A positive from them is that because they're white/proficient in English it'll be much easier to get your point across.

Rufus Hank

Reaction score
Hello everyone (newbie here)

Like a bunch of others, I am going to HK for a business trip and wanted to get a couple of suits made. (Feb 2013)

I’ve been reading all the threads, doing my research and thought I would share some recent info.

WW Chan just quoted me HK$16,800 for a 2pc suit made with the Zegna Trofeo and the Scabal Blue Label 130's fabrics. That's a lot of cash for a HK suit.

So I wanted to ask the usual crew here if I am better off getting a Burberry suit for US$1K or go to a Lee Baron or E. Italia Tailors (Edward Tam) for a lower end bespoke.

I'm looking for a more slim cut, less boxy, more

Any opinions???

fox81

Reaction score

WW Chan just quoted me HK$16,800 for a 2pc suit made with the Zegna Trofeo and the Scabal Blue Label 130's fabrics.  That's a lot of cash for a HK suit.  

So I wanted to ask the usual crew here if I am better off getting a Burberry suit for US$1K or go to a Lee Baron or E. Italia Tailors (Edward Tam) for a lower end bespoke.

Any opinions???

The consensus is that Chan is very good value for what they offer. If you have the time and can get a fitting or two, then its excellent value.

No to the burberry suit. If Chan is beyond your means, then consider Lee Baron. Im not sure about E Italia but if they're well regarded on here and are within your budget, then give it a go. Be aware that most of the more affordable shops will offer you fabrics from other mills, 'italian wool' and so on and so forth. If you start asking for english mills, or even proper italian fabric books that are universally known, the price can start climbing pretty quickly.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone (newbie here)

Like a bunch of others, I am going to HK for a business trip and wanted to get a couple of suits made. (Feb 2013)

I’ve been reading all the threads, doing my research and thought I would share some recent info.

WW Chan just quoted me HK$16,800 for a 2pc suit made with the Zegna Trofeo and the Scabal Blue Label 130's fabrics.  That's a lot of cash for a HK suit.  

So I wanted to ask the usual crew here if I am better off getting a Burberry suit for US$1K or go to a Lee Baron or E. Italia Tailors (Edward Tam) for a lower end bespoke.

Any opinions???

Yes, that's a lot of $ but you chose expensive fabric. No to the Burberry suit.

Last edited:

gctoto11

Reaction score
Hi guys new to this forum and have been reading suit advices from you guys. Thanks alot for all the great information here.

I am a local hong kong-er and for the past two years I have only been wearing G2000 suits. To me there's nothing wrong with them (I know you guys might think otherwise) however I was pointed out by my supervisor (in a kind and joking way) that my suit jacket did not cover ******. Until he mentioned it and until I confirmed it on this forum and other forums, I never really touched upon these suit rules.

Due to the above, I started to look for tailors in hk for suits. Besides the most recommended tailors to expats in this site, I have been asking friends and also looked around myself for tailored suits.

I have so far found and made suit (or jacket) from the following tailors:
(1) Christine L Tailor:

http://www.christinel.hk/

(2) Hola Classic

https://www.facebook.com/HOLAclassic

(3) Dream Bespoke

https://www.facebook.com/dreambespoke

I am also recommended another tailor but I have yet to try it out:
(4) Dragoon Francais Tailor
http://www.dragoonfrancaistailor.ecomm.hk/front/bin/home.phtml

I have ordered from the first 3 tailors but I have yet to get my suits. I have only had a first fitting with Christine L. From these 3, Christine L and Hola Classic are really cheap ones and I don't expect much (they costs aroudn $1,700 to $2,600 HKD). As I haven't got back my suits.. I was wondering if anybody here has tried out those before? For their value I was wondering if it's actually good quality as well.

As for dream bespoke, they seemed to produce higher quality suits (full -canvased ) but I am still awaiting a jacket made by them. Quite pricey though at HKD 3,700 (for just the jacket) for the material I chose.

Again has anyone heard of dream bespoke as I've never seen ppl talk about them here. As For Dragoon Francias, my friend recommended them to me but again I am surprised nobody mentioned them given that they seemed to be a tailor shop with a long history.

Although it's too late to back out from my orders, I'd like to hear any feedback of the tailors above from you guys as you guys know your stuff.

Thanks alot and sorry for the long first post!!

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3700 HKD for full canvas is a good deal. For good quality wool, there'll be 1000 HKD worth of fabric in it at least.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course, you can get a very fine suit from Chan from good fabrics for a lot less than HK $16,800.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because you're paying for an OTR designer name, not for any actual quality and not something that was made for just you? Don't even know what a Burberry suit would be like, they primarily make raincoats don't they?

Like trying to order Peking Duck at McDonald's?

Last edited:

gctoto11

Reaction score
3700 HKD for full canvas is a good deal. For good quality wool, there'll be 1000 HKD worth of fabric in it at least.

Thanks for the reply RogerC. Did you have any experiences in these tailors though? From what I know they are all opened by young men and women and seem to be a new surge of tailors (i think all of the owners are not tailors themselves but hire tailors) . When I talked to the owner of Christine L, she said her business is mainly catering for wedding couples but make suits too. Since my supervsior said that they are ok (for the cheap price and rough wear I guess), I gave it a try and am eager to look for results. Hola Classic seems to be a tailor shop/clothing shop for modern vintage style. However, when I asked them if their suits were full-canvassed they do not seem to know what I am talking about unfortunately.... I want to try out Dragoon Francois but would like to see if there any feedback from this forum first. Thanks again.

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi guys new to this forum and have been reading suit advices from you guys. Thanks alot for all the great information here.

I am a local hong kong-er and for the past two years I have only been wearing G2000 suits. To me there's nothing wrong with them (I know you guys might think otherwise) however I was pointed out by my supervisor (in a kind and joking way) that my suit jacket did not cover ******. Until he mentioned it and until I confirmed it on this forum and other forums, I never really touched upon these suit rules.

Due to the above, I started to look for tailors in hk for suits. Besides the most recommended tailors to expats in this site, I have been asking friends and also looked around myself for tailored suits.

I have so far found and made suit (or jacket) from the following tailors:
(1) Christine L Tailor:

http://www.christinel.hk/

(2) Hola Classic

https://www.facebook.com/HOLAclassic

(3) Dream Bespoke

https://www.facebook.com/dreambespoke

I am also recommended another tailor but I have yet to try it out:
(4) Dragoon Francais Tailor
http://www.dragoonfrancaistailor.ecomm.hk/front/bin/home.phtml

I have ordered from the first 3 tailors but I have yet to get my suits. I have only had a first fitting with Christine L. From these 3, Christine L and Hola Classic are really cheap ones and I don't expect much (they costs aroudn $1,700 to $2,600 HKD). As I haven't got back my suits.. I was wondering if anybody here has tried out those before? For their value I was wondering if it's actually good quality as well.

As for dream bespoke, they seemed to produce higher quality suits (full -canvased ) but I am still awaiting a jacket made by them. Quite pricey though at HKD 3,700 (for just the jacket) for the material I chose.

Again has anyone heard of dream bespoke as I've never seen ppl talk about them here. As For Dragoon Francias, my friend recommended them to me but again I am surprised nobody mentioned them given that they seemed to be a tailor shop with a long history.

Although it's too late to back out from my orders, I'd like to hear any feedback of the tailors above from you guys as you guys know your stuff.

Thanks alot and sorry for the long first post!!
Interesting. Please follow up with your suits and jackets done. I may take a look at Dreams as it is convenient location for me.

James Balzary

Reaction score
Hi
There has been lots of great info on here re tailors in Hong Kong. We are heading to Hong Kong in a week and are there for 8 days. Last time we were there my husband got a heap of shirts made and some pants with Jantzen and 4 1/2 years down the track are coming to an end. I must say they have lasted alot longer then i thought they would. So I am on a mission to get him

1. A heap of new shirts at a reasonable price (like Jantzen was) - thinking staying with Jantzen
2. Just pants (flat front) for in the office when he has no meetings - Jantzen
3. A couple of new sports coats, he usually wears zegna sports coats which look beautiful - really not sure on this one.
4. A bespoke suit or 2 with better quality shirts - WW CHan

I would like any feedback on peoples recommendations for where i want to take him. Plus any recommendations that may be better.

My other question is he has some really nice casual shirts i would like copied, do you think jantzen could do this or would i be better going somewhere else. One more thing, any good suggestions for custom made mens shoes near central.

Thank you for your help and responses.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member