• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

runningfrog

Reaction score

May I ask how much more did they charge you for a special order shoe? I'm thinking of doing the same with them.

the quote was for 5850 HKD, but it wasn't completely special order since this model was carried in the past. that's compared to the current price of 5500 HKD.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have a shoe that's on the Inca last (8.5UK) but there's a little slippage in the heel and I'm curious whether I should size up a .5 size to a 9UK when buying the Carmina loafer on the simpson last?

Last edited:

hrv123

Reaction score
Anyone have any new info on the restock? I tried email a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten a reply. Yes, I know I'm being impatient, but I need to think of contingencies in the event that the shoes I want aren't being restocked.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any new info on the restock? I tried email a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten a reply. Yes, I know I'm being impatient, but I need to think of contingencies in the event that the shoes I want aren't being restocked.

Alan told me a couple days ago that they just received new stock of Carmina.

Rankiz

Reaction score
I have not watched their stock closely, could anyone care to update this thread once they have refilled their stock? :)

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We did have a batch of Carminas come back recently for the Double Monks, and the Semi-brogues. Shoot us an email if you're looking!

Concerning the Jodhpurs, we actually had one sample in a stunning blue leather once which got snapped up!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By the way, thanks all of you for chipping in on the sizing of Carminas!

Trying to keep the Carmina sizing matrix up to date, is there a new Queen last and where does it fit in?

From my understanding, this is the breakdown of Carmina last sizes (Wide to Narrow):

Inca - Widest last and waist for wide feet (EE width)
Rain - Like the Inca but with a chisel toe (EE width)
Forest - Standard width with round toe (E width)
Uetam - Similar to Forest but a shade narrower (E width)
Robert - Like the Simpson but more room in the toe box (E width)
Alcudia - Like the Simpson but with Almond toe (E width)
Simpson - Narrow with chiseled toe, extended toe box (E width)

EngProf

Reaction score

Trying to keep the Carmina sizing matrix up to date, is there a new Queen last and where does it fit in?
From my understanding, this is the breakdown of Carmina last sizes (Wide to Narrow):

Let's also get the Soller into this, if possible.

(It'd be wonderful if we could get the range of Alden sizing equivalents onto the matrix: "X people size down .5 from Alden Barrie on this last, Y use their Barrie size; Q size down 1 from Alden Plaza . . . " A lot to ask, but what's a forum without desiderata?)

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let's also get the Soller into this, if possible.
(It'd be wonderful if we could get the range of Alden sizing equivalents onto the matrix: "X people size down .5 from Alden Barrie on this last, Y use their Barrie size; Q size down 1 from Alden Plaza . . . " A lot to ask, but what's a forum without desiderata?)

So we need to add Carmina's Queen and Soller last?

Queen - ?
Soller - ?

I don't own any Alden shoes so someone will have to help with this?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads