• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tanbar

Reaction score
I would do Chili Welt and Medium Brown Transparent Edges myself. I expect the Natural Shell will darken quicker than typical shoes like Whiskey or Walnut. Just as a tipper, you could play around with the Rancourt MTO tool to see what you think of Natty on Natty verses Natty on Antique.

Thanks, I was leaning towards the darker welt and edge dressing, looks really good on your Whiskey LHSs. Was also considering getting the natural and changing the color myself as the shell darkens, but probably wouldn't look as good as the factory finish.

rostov

Reaction score
Ha. I did one in Navy Shell. I really wish that I could have tried them on before. They shipped me a Grayson so that I could try it on. I find boots a little bit more size tolerant than shoes and much more size tolerant than loafers.

-Mike

Don't you already have a Navy EC? Black welt/edging?

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems I have gotten confused along the way...I thought we could do any shoe in Burgundy, Brown, Black shell with no MTO fee...that is not the case?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ha..it seems I did not...

When I read this line "-Colored cordovan for other welt styles - $125 SMU fee" it seemed to negate what I read above that in my pea sized brain...

I have started to think the Odenwald in Burgundy or brown shell might be pretty cool looking

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok Everyone--

Last call for pre-orders for the trunk show. If you've been thinking about a Navy Franciscan, Bottle Green Dundee, or any other fantastic combination...now is the time!

I'll be here in the store until 8pm EST this evening. You can call, PM or email me at [email protected]

Looking forward to some fun MTOs...I've already had some pretty incredible orders come through for this show!

Cheers,
Joshua
PM :: [email protected] :: 404-665-0149

Is today the last day period? I have been on the fence about ordering.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rostov

Reaction score
LoL. P-corn speaks the truth. Although my C&J MTO may have opened my eyes to Danite. I find it tolerable with a midsole. Without a midsole it is just far too stiff for me.

Based on what has been said to date, I presume you had to pay a $125 SMU for your Navy First Ave? This is a make-up I'm been thinking about following some regrets about not doing the Navy EC, but I don't think I'm ready to shell out $850.
frown.gif
I suppose a $80 color change fee for calf is always an option...

EDIT: also, yes, my ECs /w leather mid-sole and dainite is more comfortable than my dainite brogue-suede Strands.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Based on what has been said to date, I presume you had to pay a $125 SMU for your Navy First Ave? This is a make-up I'm been thinking about following some regrets about not doing the Navy EC, but I don't think I'm ready to shell out $850. :(    I suppose a $80 color change fee for calf is always an option...

EDIT: also, yes, my ECs /w leather mid-sole and dainite is more comfortable than my dainite brogue-suede Strands.

I did have to pay the SMU fee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads