• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Strand to start the week.

unnamed.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While wearing suede lwbs the sun vanished in totality.

IMG_0103.jpeg

Crescent shaped shadows as it reappeared.

IMG_0104.jpeg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Also. This is very early in the year but wearing these Higgins all day made me think about how it’d be great if they’d do something like the Patton or Normandy in a trunk show or limited release.

Personal preference to the Patton. I’m wearing a reminder that the 1757 fits me quite well. And I’m still salty that the Landon’s didn’t fit me well.

Last edited:

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting here after a while.
Cheaney Pennine II C last week Friday.
20240405_081826.jpg
20240405_081852.jpg

C&J Conistons in Tan Scotch Grain yesterday and Black Scotch Grain today.
20240408_101626.jpg
20240408_101544.jpg
20240409_091656.jpg
20240409_092151.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, wrong thread

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing these because @ProfilaBinding mentioned them the other day and that he liked that they were a lighter color than most other chili Higgins Mill boots. A few things:
1. Nobody should ever envy the look of any of my pairs of AEs, given how little I do to take care of them, outside of consistently inconsistent conditioning.
2. I'm not sure how much lighter these are than his in real life. I take pictures around 9:00 every morning in mostly full sun when I let the dog out before the bulk of my meetings start. Couple that with the fact that I'm taking roughly .7 seconds to prepare the shot with an iPhone, and I'm sure the pictures are definitely skewed as to how they actually appear.
3. Chili from AE has a huge variance. I have a pair of chili MacNeil shoes, that definitely skew way more to the brown spectrum than this pair that skews towards the red spectrum. Putting them side-by-side, they look like they might be in the same color family, but closer to cousins than brothers. Personally, I love the variance, but I can see if you were expecting a certain hue and got something different how that could be disappointing. Lean into that variance, fellow weasel! Your pair looks awesome.

Back to attacking the backlog of emails from the week I was out of the office.

IMG_7786.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personal preference to the Patton. I’m wearing a reminder that the 1757 fits me quite well. And I’m still salty that the Landon’s didn’t fit me well.

My personal opinion is that that Landon last was very poorly designed.

Wearing these because @ProfilaBinding mentioned them the other day and that he liked that they were a lighter color than most other chili Higgins Mill boots. A few things:
1. Nobody should ever envy the look of any of my pairs of AEs, given how little I do to take care of them, outside of consistently inconsistent conditioning.
2. I'm not sure how much lighter these are than his in real life. I take pictures around 9:00 every morning in mostly full sun when I let the dog out before the bulk of my meetings start. Couple that with the fact that I'm taking roughly .7 seconds to prepare the shot with an iPhone, and I'm sure the pictures are definitely skewed as to how they actually appear.
3. Chili from AE has a huge variance. I have a pair of chili MacNeil shoes, that definitely skew way more to the brown spectrum than this pair that skews towards the red spectrum. Putting them side-by-side, they look like they might be in the same color family, but closer to cousins than brothers. Personally, I love the variance, but I can see if you were expecting a certain hue and got something different how that could be disappointing. Lean into that variance, fellow weasel! Your pair looks awesome.

Back to attacking the backlog of emails from the week I was out of the office.

View attachment 2164151

Thank you, Sir. Wearing mine today as well. While my pair will never be as cool as yours, they do lighten up a lot when I get a direct sunlight photo. These are less burgundy and more like dark chili, so I'll live with it.

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that that Landon last was very poorly designed.

The world is full of HUNDREDS of lasts..
The Landon 2622 last does not fit your foot, so that that indicates it was poorly designed???
That comment is as silly as having a bowel movement and not having toilet paper.

Last edited:

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had this sort of stitching issue pop up before. What say you shoe brethren; is this a call back to the AE mothership, or a job for just about any relatively competent cobbler?

Details: HM from the first run of whiskey shell in a trunk show.
PXL_20240410_010444248.MP.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads