• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been around here much lately. A lot of that is because I’ve been wearing the same pair of boots nearly every day over the last six months.

I participated in the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome. And I chose the Freeport boot in waterproof natural CXL for the contest. The six-month contest just ended.

How it started:
IMG_6120.jpeg
IMG_6096.jpeg

And how it’s going:

IMG_8876.jpeg
IMG_8862.jpeg

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Shoe Bank II in Brookfield, Wisconsin? I have a trip to Wisconsin coming up and might check it out. I’ve been to the factory store in Port Washington before but have not been to the shoe bank in Brookfield.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember these — but now I can’t remember the name!
EDIT: I just remembered. These are the “Cascade,” right?

I’ve got a pair in black CXL (with brown trim) and another pair in olive (nubuck?) that are still unworn.

Almost. The Rothsay is almost the same as the Cascade. It's basically the cheaper cousin.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost. The Rothsay is almost the same as the Cascade. It's basically the cheaper cousin.

I have a cheap cousin… but that is a story for later.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore these to an open house yesterday and the listing agent stopped me and asked me what they were. She said that her husband was really into shoes so she has a good eye for decent shoes. Most of her husbands collection is Edward Green and most of her GYW pairs were EG as well. I told her that they were lowly AEs, but she said they were still really nice.

IMG_4535.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found out today that you can have AE make you a vintage navy Higgins. Pretty awesome. Only downside is, they cost as much as a pair of Alden boots. I'm excited about this because maybe they will open the door for an olive green Higgins eventually. I would pay $650 for that, and if it ever happens, you all can hold me to my word here.

Screen Shot 2024-04-07 at 3.27.35 PM.png

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been around here much lately. A lot of that is because I’ve been wearing the same pair of boots nearly every day over the last six months.

I participated in the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome. And I chose the Freeport boot in waterproof natural CXL for the contest. The six-month contest just ended.

How it started:
View attachment 2162207 View attachment 2162209

And how it’s going:

View attachment 2162211 View attachment 2162213
Those look amazing, well done.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore these to an open house yesterday and the listing agent stopped me and asked me what they were. She said that her husband was really into shoes so she has a good eye for decent shoes. Most of her husbands collection is Edward Green and most of her GYW pairs were EG as well. I told her that they were lowly AEs, but she said they were still really nice.

View attachment 2162853
Congrats! I cannot afford a house, but very much enjoy going to Open House viewings. Wonder if her husband is on SF?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I cannot afford a house, but very much enjoy going to Open House viewings. Wonder if her husband is on SF?

I wouldn’t doubt it. She said the has like 200 pairs of shoes in his collection, and I’d guess he wears decent clothes as well. She mentioned that they were personal friends with the (owner?) of Leffot too.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally back in the Chicagoland area after spending a week in California looking at trash like this.
IMG_7694.jpg

First day back at work felt like a good time to wear the OG brown CXL Higgins Mill boots, wrinkles and all. Happy Eclipse Day to those of you who celebrate it. We're getting 92.9% coverage in my neck of the woods. Also, I just found out that apparently, the rules of The Purge don't apply during the eclipse. So, there go my plans for this afternoon. I'll have to just look out my window while stuff gets dark and not do any legal looting. Total BS.

IMG_7784.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads