• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ignoring the conventions of Wingtip Wednesday and Speedy Tuesday, but: here I am.

IMG_3667.jpeg
IMG_3668.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worn-in Sullivan Street boots in dark brown for today. I should probably throw some edge dressing on these to work them back slightly towards respectability.

IMG_7555.jpg

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great example of fit variability across the same model: Recently ordered these Thousand Oaks (10D) to accommodate an insert. Notice the full lace closure? Yes, this particular last comes into play but the closure is not exactly what I would expect, as an insert helps offset my super low-volume feet. Previous pair (9D) were purchased new off the Bay and had a larger closure without an insert. The closure was so great I always wondered, despite the open lace pattern, how @smfdoc could enjoy these.

My old pair are so different that I wonder if they were either made on a different last or sewn incorrectly.

If you can put up with the squishy sole, these are a great casual, rain friendly shoe. I reach for them whenever I have a good distance to walk and they have always performed well.
IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone thinks that I have disdain for Alden because I never owned a pair. I have owned a few over the years and all are full price failures. My Indy boot is the only one that is wearable.
IMG_8374.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The closure was so great I always wondered, despite the open lace pattern, how @smfdoc could enjoy these.

I enjoy my pair as they close even with my high volume foot.

IMG_3556.jpeg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What year is that Speedmaster?
You have a great collection..

Just picked it up this week. Reference 3590.50. Transitional model still using the 861 movement. Papers are dated 3 June 1989. I’ve been looking for a birth year for ages now (1984), but my friend suggested that I agree to an “era” watch. It’s on the 1450 bracelet, too. Tritium fires up lovely for about 3 seconds haha.

I passed on many vintages before settling on this one.

IMG_3661.jpeg
IMG_3662.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg

IMG_3665.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked it up this week. Reference 3590.50. Transitional model still using the 861 movement. Papers are dated 3 June 1989. I’ve been looking for a birth year for ages now (1984), but my friend suggested that I agree to an “era” watch. It’s on the 1450 bracelet, too. Tritium fires up lovely for about 3 seconds haha.

I passed on many vintages before settling on this one.

View attachment 2145049 View attachment 2145051 View attachment 2145053

View attachment 2145055

Great catch.
It's definitely a nice addition to family!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads