• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Technical Outerwear

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's nice to hear, I like their top silhouette with slouchy sleeves and slouchy/raglan shoulders, good on people with wide shoulders. My order came too and the field sweater has the same design. The bonded sweatpants fit well except the waist isn't as elastic cuz of the neoprene. Thinking of getting a few merino basics and rotate them all fall/winter so I can wash clothes less often.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dope. So you have any of the "space dyed" stuff from a few seasons ago? I'm wondering if it's the same as that. Basically a thickish, very tight knit melange terry.

EdwardB

Reaction score
Just got my merino stuff in. It's all great. The tees have a slightly relaxed crew neck, mildly slutty. They taper from the chest to waist, a pretty flattering fit for athletic people. Slightly longer than reg tees (I'm 6'2" and the XL is perfect. Long sleeve has slightly longer, slouchy sleeves. Leggings are really nice although the rise is lower if that's not your thing, personally for active wear I prefer a lower rise though. I will probably end up buying all the colours (I got the clay in both short and long tee and black leggings).
Silly question, but for those merino tees, that little badge on the bottom: how is it applied? Sewed on? Heat seal? Really wish they would have kept it clean like the iO version.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you're saying. I hadn't really noticed it in the product shots. It's heat sealed. I like the fit of these better than the iO ones though and mine are pretty beat up at this point. The fit is similar but it feels like the looseness has a purpose now, if that makes sense.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hella good. I'm ordering the navy one next month. If you're going to hold off I'll be sure to let you know how it is when I get it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I like tech fashion stuff that is more discreet with the tech aspect. Isaora, ACRNM and Maharishi do it best imo an Isaora is the best prices out of those.

Last edited:

MPFit

Reaction score
New here, but in the process of updating my wardrobe to more sustainable and multi use garments. Am very interested in switching my Drifit workout clothes (which I often wear as casual as well) to Merino wool T's and long sleeve shirts.

Love the look of Isaora, but curious if anyone has a comparison to Icebreaker Tech T's to Isaora? Most reviews of most off brands say they always go back to Icebreaker or Ibex.
Thanks!

uninkco

Reaction score

Just got my merino stuff in. It's all great. The tees have a slightly relaxed crew neck, mildly slutty. They taper from the chest to waist, a pretty flattering fit for athletic people. Slightly longer than reg tees (I'm 6'2" and the XL is perfect. Long sleeve has slightly longer, slouchy sleeves. Leggings are really nice although the rise is lower if that's not your thing, personally for active wear I prefer a lower rise though. I will probably end up buying all the colours (I got the clay in both short and long tee and black leggings).

How have the merinos been holding up? Are you normally an XL for the brand?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty pretty pretty good. I am a usual XL, I'm actually thinking of sizing down on the shirts next time since it has such a wide chest-narrow shoulder-low arm hole type of fit.
If you're curious in trying them out I would say go tts for a stand alone shirt and try and size down 1 for a base layer type fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads