• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought OA pre-market

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do you mean it is nowhere?

It's been wallowing for a few years now, and I don't see a compelling case for it to make a significant move upward. It might trend, but what is your goal? If it's not to park the money, then I'd look elsewhere. PALL looks a more interesting investment if you want exposure to metals.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do people think of Amicus Therapeutics?

I own it. Up 11% so far. It has a typical risk profile of speculative biotech. Could win big, could be back at $2. It's down today, so you can get it at a discount.

HALO is another one you might want to check out.

Last edited:

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own it. Up 11% so far. It has a typical risk profile of speculative biotech. Could win big, could be back at $2. It's down today, so you can get it at a discount.

I'll check out Halo. Thanks.

jboy718727

Reaction score
Check out HIMX... Down from 8 to 6.80 in 2 days. Strong financials attractive valuation good growth. The only news I'm currently aware of is 2 analyst downgrades.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just bought into HIMX and came here to post about it (bought just under 7)
And double down on MU (at 27.5)
Yesterday opened a position on RDS.A too.

BAD just jumped 14-15%, for no reason I know of. Still not really worth much at least in my portfolio but it's quite a jump

Last edited:

guyver00

Reaction score
Looking at the market index, looks like interest rate hike is a go. My portfolio went from -1% to +1% within minutes of the Fed's announcement.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, bought ESPR yesterday on news. It was already up 14% when I took a position, It's up 34% now... up 20% in less than a day.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Overall a pretty positive day in the market, finally!
HerbaLife's been jumping quite a bit, good recovery I guess but I still just don't like the company ha!

hey I wanted to ask you guys what you think of COS (.TO). From my understanding oil sands are a viable source when the price per barrel is high enough to warrant the extraction cost, and I'm assuming that the prices went from $100 to $40/50 and will end up coming back up to somewhere, maybe 70-80 with enough time, but is that even the point where oil sands work?

I was hoping COS would come down even more to like $7/8 but looks like it's coming back up already so I didn't double down yet. That being said I originally bought around 11 becuase it's spent a lot of time closer to 20-23 anyway so seems like there's a lot of upside potential, how far I don't know. I guess what I'm asking is, for those of you who understand this industry better than I, does stuff like shale, oil sands, etc have a future or was it just a cherry on top when prices were so high?

From what I've read, the middle east guys basically kept up production to force oversupply, dropping the price for several reasons. It puts a lot of downward pressure on the Russian economy since their supply is now worth less, gets Iran to hold off their push for nuclear 'alternatives' for a while, and the USA who may now just be oversupplied, probably even agreed or at least wants this since it'll help drive their economy overall since they import so much of the stuff. And for all that they just have to make a little less margin for months or years, which they have plenty of supply and money already so they can hold out for a while. Dern fereners!

On the downsides, Canada who's overly weighted in gas/mining, commodities, and banking (see impending housing bubble and unsustainably low interest rates) is taking a hit since oil's not holding us up any more

(edited - I meant the middle east as the "foreigners" who are screwing us, with USA's permission)

Last edited:

guyver00

Reaction score
Not dern fereners, just dumb Canadians loading up on cheapo mortgage loan, and our dumb leaders. Harper, J.O., Poloz, will do nothing, or worse, cut interest rate, to buy votes. They're probably too happy to crash our Northern Peso down to 60 cents just to buy votes, when they don't follow Fed's rate increase.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do people think of Amicus Therapeutics?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMICUS!!

FOLD up 35% so far today.

Hope you got in.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads