• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol, the Analyst who raised his TSLA price target to $320 and published the bullish note on the gigafactory is one of the Analysts I was looking up back when I was still interested in equity research for the autos sector.

Adam Jonas. Quite frankly, there aren't many Analysts covering the autos sector and he's one of the bigger names out there.

I would watch his TV / news appearances to gauge his personality and whatnot. But damn, is it really cool to be able to move the market like that. That's why I was initially drawn to ER. The thought of working under an II-ranked Analyst sounded really appealing.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just made several hundred dollars with a 2-minute day trade, lol.

I wish I had an active / day trader platform.

It's stressful setting up your sell order as soon as your buy order gets filled. Those precious seconds can count for a lot!

A click-based system and multiple screens would be nice.

Edit: And of course, it's at $3.49 now. Coulda made over a grand if I held longer. I hate how I can't just be satisfied with what I made. Now it feels like the money I made was all for naught, which is ridiculous..

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just made several hundred dollars with a 2-minute day trade, lol.

I wish I had an active / day trader platform.

It's stressful setting up your sell order as soon as your buy order gets filled. Those precious seconds can count for a lot!

A click-based system and multiple screens would be nice.

Edit: And of course, it's at $3.49 now. Coulda made over a grand if I held longer. I hate how I can't just be satisfied with what I made. Now it feels like the money I made was all for naught, which is ridiculous..

Why not just write options? A lot easier than committing $13k for a few hundred? edit: just realized 2 minutes not 2 day haha

Also MYL :slayer::slayer::slayer:

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TD Ameritrade is not doing well with reporting return on what happened to Vodaphone this week.

They spun off their Verizon shares as a dividend and then the stock went through a 6:11 split.
So now I hold some VZ, but less VOD
However they didn't change the cost basis on VOD and they seem to have set the VZ cost basis to the price on the day of the spinoff.

So it looks like I lost a bunch of money on VOD and then lost a little money on VZ (which has gone down since monday) when in reality, my cost on the VZ shares was zero, so they are all gain (or really, their value should be offset against the cost basis of VOD since it is equivalent to selling some VOD to buy VZ).

Customer Service's response was "too bad, that's how it is". Everything will show up right for taxation (since they will report the value of the VZ shares as a dividend on the 1099), but the values won't change on the trading platform.

It makes sense that they write the VZ shares cost basis at fair market value--otherwise if I sold them on day one, I would owe cap gains on everything (assuming taxable account)...but it still seems weird that their platform would report a net loss in the two securities combined when they actually show a significant gain. How can I make use of Gain/Loss reporting that doesn't actually report Gains/Losses? By their math I lost a thousand bucks on monday...when really I just got a thousand bucks worth of VZ.

If this had happened in a taxable account, i would probably have to sell VOD to harvest "losses" (since the cost basis is now marked artificially high) in order to avoid a tax bill on the VZ share dividend.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why not just write options? A lot easier than committing $13k for a few hundred? edit: just realized 2 minutes not 2 day haha

Also MYL :slayer::slayer::slayer:

While I understand the basic premise of options, I don't understand how I could have achieved the same gains with options in this case with a 10-minute trade window.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I understand the basic premise of options, I don't understand how I could have achieved the same gains with options in this case with a 10-minute trade window.

Yeah my comment didn't make sense. Usually just use options on all positions to make an extra few hundred each month, write highly unlikely scenarios so don't get much money but don't risk stock neither

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know why biotech is taking a dump today?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice timing, Russia.

Looking forward to seeing red across the board tomorrow. Hopefully I'm wrong.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** Russia and the Ukraine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads