• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just bought 750 shares for fun (all the cash I had in my account). It might be priced too high now although it could go higher. TD Ameritrade for whatever reason is no longer requiring a broker to initiate a position.

Of course when I first wanted to buy it, it was only 7c a share....I was probably going to buy $500-$1000 worth which would now be worth up to $7500 which would have been worth the $44.99 fee for trading with a broker.

I bought 300. It was down today, so I'll try and build a position thru it dropping. If it pops from here, great. I'll nibble again if it drops below fiddy cent. If I can get 1000 shares at a good level I'll let it ride. I don't want to drop any more than that into it at this point because of regulatory uncertainty. If we get some Federal clarity it could really go.

I'm looking to get into FB at under $65 so I set some price triggers. Hoping to get in before the next earnings release.

As for TSLA.. man I have no words for this stock. It defies all logic and reason. I'd be scared to get in right now as I think the downside risk is much, much higher right now. But I was saying that at $140, too.
[

FB may touch that level but there is a lot of institutional buying and that quarter they just had was pretty perfect.

As for TSLA, I think you missed the train. We could see 350 or 150. Who knows. Initiating at this level is very risky.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just bought 750 shares for fun (all the cash I had in my account). It might be priced too high now although it could go higher. TD Ameritrade for whatever reason is no longer requiring a broker to initiate a position.

Of course when I first wanted to buy it, it was only 7c a share....I was probably going to buy $500-$1000 worth which would now be worth up to $7500 which would have been worth the $44.99 fee for trading with a broker.

Man! Sucks you missed out on that.

Dat hindsight can be a *****, lol.

--

Anyone else looking at marijuana stocks?

I just checked out mCigs product and don't think it's too compelling. That being said, I still think it'll still well as marijuana legalization continues and weed gains more widespread acceptance. I bet the stock goes up.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like PHOT (Growlife).

GrowLife, Inc. (GrowLife) is a holding company with multiple operating businesses that manufacture and supply branded equipment and expendables in the United States for urban gardening, inclusive of equipment and expendables for growing of medical marijuana. In addition to manufacturing and marketing GrowLife owned brands, such as Stealth Grow and Phototron , its companies are active from coast to coast in the United States in specialty market retail from store locations and through its ownership of on-line retailers Greners.com, 58Hydro.com and StealthGrow.com. It also controls the premier industry portal www.cannabis.org, which serves as authoritative social channel for branded product promotion, sales and information as and to the extent the regulatory landscape changes. Growlife Hydroponics owns and operates specialty hydroponics stores in California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like PHOT (Growlife).

GrowLife, Inc. (GrowLife) is a holding company with multiple operating businesses that manufacture and supply branded equipment and expendables in the United States for urban gardening, inclusive of equipment and expendables for growing of medical marijuana. In addition to manufacturing and marketing GrowLife owned brands, such as Stealth Grow and Phototron , its companies are active from coast to coast in the United States in specialty market retail from store locations and through its ownership of on-line retailers Greners.com, 58Hydro.com and StealthGrow.com. It also controls the premier industry portal www.cannabis.org, which serves as authoritative social channel for branded product promotion, sales and information as and to the extent the regulatory landscape changes. Growlife Hydroponics owns and operates specialty hydroponics stores in California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire.

Man! Sucks you missed out on that.

Dat hindsight can be a *****, lol.

--

Anyone else looking at marijuana stocks?

I just checked out mCigs product and don't think it's too compelling. That being said, I still think it'll still well as marijuana legalization continues and weed gains more widespread acceptance. I bet the stock goes up.

Yeah I had open order when you posted then cancelled as I thought it was a nice product but nothing special. Also one guy running everything and they had "spas" or some weird stuff. Easy $5k lost in gains vs $800 if stock tanked but what can you do.

Growlife again also has a nice product but if weed is legal then technically some growers would probably just grow outside. But you are buying for hype and I'm just regretting not getting into mCig that I haven't bought anything else. Too much emotional attachment

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took another nibble at mCig. Up to 500 shares, ha ha. If anything it's good fodder for conversation, we should all take a punt. I see upside.

Up 5% today.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The nice thing about mCig (at least back when I was looking at it at 7cents) is that their product is not illegal at the federal level. They seem to operate with the same wink and nod that head shops do--and it seems like they have gone to great lengths to operate that way.

Once you start getting into growing or dispensaries, there is a lot of legal pressure. The upside may be greater, but you are dealing with an end product with greatly varying state law and federal law that technically doesn't permit it.

On the other hand, they are a single-product company. There is simply a limit to how much they can sell and further legalization might actually cut down on desire for their product if people switch to other means of consumption (lets be honest, their draw is probably based on the fact that it is inconspicuous and looks like an cigarette). They would need to branch out into additional products and leverage their position to promote them in order to really explode. That's possible though--I think there is a lot of interest, especially for therapeutic use, in things that don't actually require breathing smoke and are easy to operate.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just bought 50% of my intended position in FB. I'm betting that it ends up higher by the end of the week and induces some short-covering, which could boost it even higher by Friday. Options activity is showing that traders are betting that FB closes higher by Friday, too, so that gives me a little ease.

It's a bet.

If it stays flat, whatever.

If it falls, I'll keep adding to my position.

As for the rest of my portfolio, I had purchased IAI (broker dealer ETF) and BAC earlier on in the year. Both were down a couple percentage points as of late and then I got minimally positive in the past couple days. Exited those two positions as I'm re-thinking my targeted allocations for the year. Was too heavy in financials with those two positions.

I'm eyeing XBI (biotech ETF) and KRE (regional bank ETF). While I remain bullish on financials in general, I can't make up my mind as to whether I want to pick a financial stock (GS / MS / JPM), a broad-based financial ETF, or, like KRE, a regional bank ETF, which I think might benefit more from increasing margins as interest rates rise than the big investment banks. That being said, we're already off to a phenomenal start for IPOs, so I want exposure to IBs, which regionals wouldn't have.

Those of you in financials, what are you betting on?

--

Really wish I maintained my TAN position. :brick:

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been, and will remain for the foreseeable future, heavy on bac and Wfc.

I'll own pot stocks when big tobacco starts producing it, if it becomes much more mainstream and all-over legal I can't see them avoiding it. It would be a fantastic coup for the industry.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MCig up 10%, was up 14% earlier

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The nice thing about mCig (at least back when I was looking at it at 7cents) is that their product is not illegal at the federal level. They seem to operate with the same wink and nod that head shops do--and it seems like they have gone to great lengths to operate that way.

Once you start getting into growing or dispensaries, there is a lot of legal pressure. The upside may be greater, but you are dealing with an end product with greatly varying state law and federal law that technically doesn't permit it.

On the other hand, they are a single-product company. There is simply a limit to how much they can sell and further legalization might actually cut down on desire for their product if people switch to other means of consumption (lets be honest, their draw is probably based on the fact that it is inconspicuous and looks like an cigarette). They would need to branch out into additional products and leverage their position to promote them in order to really explode. That's possible though--I think there is a lot of interest, especially for therapeutic use, in things that don't actually require breathing smoke and are easy to operate.

I concur.

This whole sector will fly once we get some federal clarity. I'm probably going to ride it betting on that eventuality. This is a 10x play, I'm not going to bother selling if I double up. I want a home run.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I concur.

This whole sector will fly once we get some federal clarity. I'm probably going to ride it betting on that eventuality. This is a 10x play, I'm not going to bother selling if I double up. I want a home run.

It was a 10X play at less than 10 cents...I think it is 2-3X now.

I don't see these guys having a billion dollar market cap anytime soon.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MCig is up 20% today!!!

OTC, you're prly right. I could see a bubble form if there was federal easing on the issue, that could see it go parabolic temporary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads