• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tautology

Reaction score
Does anyone have the SS-Baldwin denim? If so could you please provide measurements for waist, front rise, knee and thigh? I want to see if they compare with one of the regular baldwin fits.

I am looking for a dressier denim option like the one they offer, and I really like the fit and design on the pics. Being taller it is difficult to find denim with the proper rise. Can't find any options under around 200 bucks. My size is 36 but SS no longer offers anything above 34
baldy[1].gif

SodaPressing

Reaction score
Hi gang, need help with a weird dimple in my Sienna please..

Stats: 6'2", 180lbs.
Album here: http://imgur.com/a/R0wVc

I have the SuitSupply Sienna (40L). I've got an odd problem where one shoulder fits well, but the other has a weird dimple, almost as if there's extra fabric or my shoulder on one side is egregiously bigger.

I've taken it to 2 tailors, both of whom gave me different assessments. The first said that it fits as it should and that I need to stop being so picky. The second said that it's too small and I should size up to a 42L...

I spoke to the guy I bought the suit from at SuitSupply who suggested I have a tailor put in a .25" shoulder pad - or that he would exchange/refund the suit. Both tailors said that a shoulder pad isn't a real fix.

Please advise... the suit fits me otherwise in the chest, arms etc... It's just this one shoulder being weird.

tautology

Reaction score
The 36r has the right length for body and sleever. It should be coincident with your wrist bone (the bone that sticks out), but is too wide. A 34L will probably be too long. I would keep the 36R and tailor the jacket to make it slimmer.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

I have the SuitSupply Sienna (40L). I've got an odd problem where one shoulder fits well, but the other has a weird dimple, almost as if there's extra fabric or my shoulder on one side is egregiously bigger.

I've taken it to 2 tailors, both of whom gave me different assessments. The first said that it fits as it should and that I need to stop being so picky. The second said that it's too small and I should size up to a 42L...

I spoke to the guy I bought the suit from at SuitSupply who suggested I have a tailor put in a .25" shoulder pad - or that he would exchange/refund the suit. Both tailors said that a shoulder pad isn't a real fix.

Please advise... the suit fits me otherwise in the chest, arms etc... It's just this one shoulder being weird.
It looks like your left shoulder is lower than your right shoulder. Did you walk to school as a kid and carry your back pack on your left shoulder?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Also be aware that you would probably no one will notice but you. I'm my own worst critic. I have to remind myself that no one is picking apart the fit of my clothes like I am. Although I do get frequent compliments, I would wager that in the only one that really cares.

Vasco

Reaction score
Great suit and fabric choice. I found that it isn't only appropriate for business but also for more casual event when I tried it on in the store.

Yes I would agree that you'll probably be the only one that will notice but I think that is part of the point at least. You're paying for a quality fitting suit and deserve to feel good in it knowing it fits you well.

Last edited:

SuitsHarvey

Reaction score
I'd be glad if I could get some feedback on my SuitSupply suit. Some things I already noticed:
- arm sleeves are too tight for double cuff shirts(a bit more room for the shirt cuffs is needed)
- pants could be a little bit shorter and less bunching in the back; could be also a bit "roomier"
- less wrinkles on the shoulders and the back
- length of the suit should be ok, butt is covered

Do you guys think it's possible to make it decent or is this a total fail and I shouldn't have any hope for this suit? Any other things you guys can notice on the photo?

Last edited:

jimanchower

Reaction score
I bought a Jort Traveler suit recently and I am really enamored with it. But the right lapel seems to be wrinkled. I'm not sure if this is a defect, something normal, something to do with fit, or something that can easily be pressed out. Any thoughts? If anything I feel like it's a half size too large in the chest/shoulder, but I don't think sizing down is an option.

chrispy650

Reaction score
I bought a Jort Traveler suit recently and I am really enamored with it. But the right lapel seems to be wrinkled. I'm not sure if this is a defect, something normal, something to do with fit, or something that can easily be pressed out. Any thoughts? If anything I feel like it's a half size too large in the chest/shoulder, but I don't think sizing down is an option.

Thinking of going with this suit as well. I don't know much about fitment but to me the shoulders look good. Not sure what's with the lapel. Do you own any other SS suits? Did you go with your normal size?

AriG

Reaction score
I'd be glad if I could get some feedback on my SuitSupply suit. Some things I already noticed:
- arm sleeves are too tight for double cuff shirts(a bit more room for the shirt cuffs is needed)
- pants could be a little bit shorter and less bunching in the back; could be also a bit "roomier"
- less wrinkles on the shoulders and the back
- length of the suit should be ok, butt is covered

Do you guys think it's possible to make it decent or is this a total fail and I shouldn't have any hope for this suit? Any other things you guys can notice on the photo?

Definitely looks great, what model/size is this and what's your measurements?

I'm not the expert other people in here are, but hemming the pants a bit more is probably a good idea (although it's hard to say as they're pulling/bunching upward a bit strange in the back). Shoulders look perfect but some might feel there's too much pulling on the top button (for a young, slim guy I think that's no sweat if you're comfortable) ...

Also, may I ask, why double cuffs? If at all, have them on a custom shirt so they're not too wide. OTR double cuff shirts seem like a bad proposition for many guys. Because the sleeves seem like a great fit otherwise, with a sport cuff it would look nice and streamlined, just to size up to accommodate weirdly large double cuffs seems like a mistake.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads