• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Personally, I would never pay that much for a backpack. But then again, most people won't spend more than $200 on a suit and consider SuSu suits way too overpriced, even though they're probably the best bang for the back right now on the market.

If you like it, go for it. Wtf, it's money, not days of our lives we're talking about here. Worst case scenario you don't like how it's built or color or something, and you return it and get a full refund.

I hear they're not that great. I've seen a pair of their premium line double monks and I think they're nice, but I have almost zero experience with shoes. What I also hear is that a lot of people consider Meermin and Yukon a much better buy. You might want to look into these brands and see how you like their design.

I have a pair of their shoes. They are decent. I just liked the shoes and haven't seen anything that resembles it from a more reputable brand. I ordered my first Meermins last week.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I am quite interested in this backpack. Excellent for casual wear. Also not too rugged.
I just wonder if silk and linen can last long as backpack materials. Do you guys think $179 is a reasonable price?
http://apac.suitsupply.com/en/bags/off-white-backpack/BAG15113.html?start=5&cgid=Bags
Also, does anyone know the quality of their shoes?

It looks a little to "pursy" for me. I do live in America, though. If you're in a European country, I know they have more liberal views of men carrying bags. Here, even in Los Angeles (a fairly liberal city) where I live, it would probably be considered somewhat feminine.

VincentVogan

Reaction score
Meermin ^^
Not sure if he's referring to Meermin quality or to SuitSupply shoes' design. If it's the latter, then I agree: their shoes are very appealing, and as much as I tried, I haven't found something eye-catching from reputable Italian shoemakers. Maybe it's because they appeal to different age groups. I'm young, so I like the flashier style more.

Last edited:

markfjh

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the difference between international sizing and normal sizing? E.g. a Napoli in the European store has the product code P2778, wheres in the Singapore store for example, the product code is P2778i

I was told by the sales assistant in the singapore store that the international versions are shorter than the european versions. can anyone verify if this is true? and if so, what is the difference in length.

tautology

Reaction score
Our estimated forum member Vincentvogan was told by customs in his country he needs to open a company to continue his proxy service. He provides a reliable service that I have used myself. If you are thinking of placing an order without the inflated US prices, I suggest you do it now so he can gather enough funds to open the company. Keep in mind you will also need a proxy for when the outlet reopens soon. If he doesn't get enough orders this month he may have to stop the service completely. Let's lend him a hand.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Ansterdam at the end of May. If anyone wants something from the suitsupply store I guess I could pick it up for a £20 proxy fee + shipping. For knitwear/shirts/ties the fee would be smaller, as it takes up less space in my suitcase.

I wasn't planning on bringing a suitcase, but I could if there's enough interest. I'd have to receive the full payment in GBP a week in advance though over PayPal, so I can order the stuff online in advance and make sure eveything is in the correct size.

This would obviously be cheapest for those located in the UK, as Royal Mail shipping isn't very expensive.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Monkey, cf. my comment above about shipping, I might take you up on that: I can use a forwarding service from Germany to get the same price, but with those massive boxes it costs me almost the difference in courier fees. So yeah, if you can confirm, I'll take a few suits off you, and you can stuff them in an envelope without ceremony and send them to my forwarder in the UK or elsewhere. Please drop me a PM if you do decide to do this!

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone else know about or offer a proxy service? I am located in the US but would be very interested.

tautology

Reaction score
If you buy a linen sweater make sure to get a snug one, I.e get something equal or very close to your chest size . I have two from SS and they tend to stretch so I ended up having to shrink them in the dryer a lot for them to recover.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How to the SS sweaters? I am interested in purchasing a linen sweater... Is it worth it for $119?

I have the navy one. I like it a lot, it's nice and airy and feels nice. Mind you, it still is warm, but not nearly as warm as a wool or cotton sweater. I'd say you could wear it up to 20C, but anything above that and it gets too hot. It's a good weight for spring or fall, or for colder summer evenings.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excited to find this thread - inasmuch as it didn't immediately pop up in the search function.

Got sized up at the LV store a few months ago, and finally pulled the trigger on two suits last week. Should arrive on Thursday. Very excited. Found the 42L in the majority of jackets to fit extremely well OTR, along with the 40L York. Ended up purchasing two Havanas in the 42L.

Only worry is that the thighs are too small. Don't mind the sub-8inch hem, but hoping for some room in the seat and thighs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DentonHelen