• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
To be honest I don't remember the Madison looking any shorter. The guy helping me actually told me the Soho was shorter but the Madison was more fitted and that he wished the Soho fit slimmer since he really liked the suits but just not how they fit him off the rack. He was a taller skinny guy. But I didn't see any real difference, I actually loved how the Soho fit but I am shorter and not huge but more muscular due to the gym. The deal breaker for me with the Madison fit was how large the lapels were. Being around 5'6 , 5'7 at 145lbs it made the suit look too big on me even though it fit fine. I imagine you need a larger frame or at least a larger head or else the suit will look goofy and just bring to much attention to the oversized lapels. Here is an example of the jackets from the Soho suits

Ah thanks, I was basing it off the description on their site:

"A new member to our family of double-breasted fits. The 6-button Madison jacket features, wide peaked lapels and patch pockets. The slightly shorter and more tapered jacket length sets it apart from its cousin the Soho."

I am 5'7 and 110lbs so I think it would be wiser for me to go for the Soho, though I wouldn't mind trying out the Madison and comparing it.

I tried on a size 34 Soho jacket in one of the Suitsupply stores and it was slightly too large, though would be able to work if tailored. So that means I'll easily fit into a size 32!

I was complimented on how the slightly large Soho fit me, the sales assistant told me not many people can look like how I looked in a double-breasted suit, I guess it was due to my slimness, or just a sales tactic. Either way, I liked how it looked, but a size smaller would be perfect.

I am a fan of wider lapels, but the Madison lapels do kinda look kinda goofy to me sometimes, but at other times can look awesome.

An example of Madison lapels looking good.

An example of goofy-looking Madison lapels.

Oh, and nice Sohos! What size do you take?

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah thanks, I was basing it off the description on their site: "A new member to our family of double-breasted fits. The 6-button Madison jacket features, wide peaked lapels and patch pockets. The slightly shorter and more tapered jacket length sets it apart from its cousin the Soho." I am 5'7 and 110lbs so I think it would be wiser for me to go for the Soho, though I wouldn't mind trying out the Madison and comparing it. I tried on a size 34 Soho jacket in one of the Suitsupply stores and it was slightly too large, though would be able to work if tailored. So that means I'll easily fit into a size 32! I was complimented on how the slightly large Soho fit me, the sales assistant told me not many people can look like how I looked in a double-breasted suit, I guess it was due to my slimness, or just a sales tactic. Either way, I liked how it looked, but a size smaller would be perfect. I am a fan of wider lapels, but the Madison lapels do kinda look kinda goofy to me sometimes, but at other times can look awesome. An example of Madison lapels looking good. An example of goofy-looking Madison lapels. Oh, and nice Sohos! What size do you take?
I wear size 34 which is perfect for me. The only bad thing for you is that the Soho does not have a 32, but the Madison does. Try both out and see, they both have good sized lapels, just the Madison has larger ones.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I wear size 34 which is perfect for me. The only bad thing for you is that the Soho does not have a 32, but the Madison does. Try both out and see, they both have good sized lapels, just the Madison has larger ones.

The Soho does come in size 32, but is limited as with all their size 32 stock.

Melbush

Reaction score
I was interested in the Uniqlo +J suits, do you think it would just make more sense to pick up one in a Suitsupply outlet ? (I have two SS outlets relatively close to my home in Europe). Have you been impressed with the quality of your SS suits?

Osse

Reaction score

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck ordering an item that your size is not available in your country but available in an another?

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score

Has anyone had any luck ordering an item that your size is not available in your country but available in an another?

Yes, but the site's customer service will not do it for you.

The individual sales reps can though (and want to since they get commission). I have a good relationship with one of the guys in my local store and he gets me all kinds of things that the website has always said "no" to.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the site's customer service will not do it for you.

The individual sales reps can though (and want to since they get commission). I have a good relationship with one of the guys in my local store and he gets me all kinds of things that the website has always said "no" to.
I do not have a SS store in my state. Would you suggest calling a store directly to make an order of that type.

If you can may you give me the contact for your local store sales rep?

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score

I do not have a SS store in my state. Would you suggest calling a store directly to make an order of that type.

If you can may you give me the contact for your local store sales rep?

Matthew in Chicago.

And you can try, the worst thing they can say is no.

and please don't start it with "some guy from the internet said YOU can do this" ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads