• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eguk

Reaction score
I tried contacting SS support but didn't get a response (they are usually pretty quick to reply)..

@SpitShine Out of interest, how did you determine that custom jackets default to the 2-layer now? I can see they've removed the choice between 2 and 4 layer but it's not clear to me which it defaults to now.

Personal preference of course, but I ordered the 2-layer for the first time on my last jacket (full canvas) and have to say I don't like it as much as the 4-layer..

SpitShine

Reaction score
I tried contacting SS support but didn't get a response (they are usually pretty quick to reply)..

@SpitShine Out of interest, how did you determine that custom jackets default to the 2-layer now? I can see they've removed the choice between 2 and 4 layer but it's not clear to me which it defaults to now.

Personal preference of course, but I ordered the 2-layer for the first time on my last jacket (full canvas) and have to say I don't like it as much as the 4-layer..
I contacted customer support and got this reponse:

"We removed the 3 button option on November 7th, and for the disappointment that may cause you, we apologize. In regards to the canvas, we can confirm that the half canvas is the same as the 2-layer light, we have since removed the 4-layer option."

nzahir

Reaction score
Hey guys what are the differences between the Braddon, Vigo, and Brescia pants? Stick with the same waist size?

office drone

Reaction score
They also recently removed the narrow lapel option in their custom suit order options. I emailed them and they confirmed they will no longer offer it. It's too bad cause I recently ordered a custom suit for the first time, and it turned out well.

St1X

Reaction score
They also recently removed the narrow lapel option in their custom suit order options. I emailed them and they confirmed they will no longer offer it. It's too bad cause I recently ordered a custom suit for the first time, and it turned out well.
Narrow lapels are just a fashion fad. I once asked my sales rep if anyone one was ordering narrow lapels with their MTM order and he could recall only one guy.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Narrow lapels are just a fashion fad. I once asked my sales rep if anyone one was ordering narrow lapels with their MTM order and he could recall only one guy.
Shia LeBouef?

WhereNext

Reaction score
How do SUITSUPPLY winter coats fit? Also, can you alter them as in widening ?
Would appreciate a reply
If you do the “custom made” route with them, you can add room in different places. I just had them add 3-4 cm across the chest for a DB overcoat from them that fit well everywhere else when worn over a jacket/suit. I’m sure there must be SOME inlay for alteration if you buy off the rack and have them or someone else alter it, but I haven’t done that so can’t comment.

St1X

Reaction score
How do SUITSUPPLY winter coats fit? Also, can you alter them as in widening ?
Would appreciate a reply
The fit really depends on the model. Most of them are very slim and you might need to go two sizes up and take them in in some places.
However they have a regular fitting coats - new polo and belted coats
There's fabric reserves in all seams so you can usually let them out by ~2 cm each

Last edited:

WhereNext

Reaction score
The fit really depends on the model. Most of them are very slim and you might need to go two sizes up and take them in in some places.
Good point. I didn’t have to size up in the balmaccan I got, but that’s meant to be a looser fit and I won’t really wear it over a jacket, just a sweater The DB I got had to be sized up plus added more space since it will go over a jacket.

capablebedroom

Reaction score
Would you suggest sizing up two in the Merano polo coat?
There's fabric reserves in all seams so you can usually let them out by ~2 cm each

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, regarding the custom garments - are there any "hacks" to alter the button stance?

I assume that the long models will have a longer button stance, while the short models will have a higher button stance - so let's say that you wear regular length coat, but want a lower button stance, would it work to pick a long jacket, and then just modify the measurements to match a regular jacket? Or will the pocket placement also get screwed up (as they should also be a bit lower on long models)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads