• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Delands

Reaction score
My outlet order was delivered today (ordered on Nov 25). I really like the mid-brown wool alpaca havana jacket. The fabric is thick, yet very soft. The color is also less bright than the product pictures make it look like.
I’m looking forward to add it into my rotation.
33E74603-063C-42AB-8972-9E0F598B47CB.jpeg

3C8CFBD2-A8D7-4C59-8990-686460BD8741.jpeg

japejapejape

Reaction score
I recently visited their Copenhagen based store and what a great experience that was! I bought a pair of wool trousers, the fabric being VBC and the overall quality extremely well made. Side adjusters, a double pleats which really gives it a classic look and then I had it tailored a bit to make it perfectly fit. :cool:
what color?
was it the braddon fit?

bc78

Reaction score
Hey, I would like to order a custom made Merano coat. Anybody know is the Merano fit fits the same or is it smaller now? I own a merano from 2015, in a size 50 which is perfect and just a bit above the knees, could the extra 25 cm be too much ? I want to get a dark gray evergreen classic.

Can't answer your question unfortunately, but was am also thinking the extra 25 cm is too long. For me (5 foot 10) the coat would be over 47 inches long. I wish you could just provide the measurements you prefer

zanci

Reaction score
I think that the extra 25 would be a perfect classic, however I am not 100% sure, well I can still return the coat... Also which color horn buttons to go for?

Last edited:

bc78

Reaction score
I think that the extra 25 would be a perfect classic, however I am not 100% sure, well I can still return the coat... Also which color horn buttons to go for?

I think the dark brown horns are nice. I guess my other concern is weight...420 gr/m seems fairly light

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Is anyone getting a shipping status for their outlet order, but the order still hasn't been shipped out after a week? ie. "Label created and ready for shipment" but hasn't shipped yet ....

ultramantaro

Reaction score
fellow SS enthusiasts, just wondering if you have checked out this video by gentlemen's gazette and your thoughts?

I thought some of the points are painfully obvious (i.e. custom ordering is not the same as bespoke, MTM won't fix non symmetrical shoulder heights)

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Does anyone take those clowns seriously?

I think that a lot of people do. I atleast took them somewhat seriously when it was just the first guy as they covered the basics pretty well - I was a complete newcomer then as well. This, however, was many years ago now. I never liked the way they dress though. They have become redundant though as they try to churn out more content with brand reviews etc. but they have nothing more to provide beyond basics and history. The best part of their site might actually be the history part that is pretty thorough in my opinion. They also merged the superb Black Tie Guide site but that content is not of their making.

Last edited:

dapper3

Reaction score
I think that a lot of people do. I atleast took them somewhat seriously when it was just the first guy as they covered the basics pretty well - I was a complete newcomer then as well. This, however, was many years ago now. I never liked the way they dress though. They have become redundant though as they try to churn out more content with brand reviews etc. but they have nothing more to provide beyond basics and history. The best part of their site might actually be the history part that is pretty thoroug in my opinion. They also merged the superb Black Tie Guide site but that content is not of their making.

Spot On!

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I recall Sven in one video literally looking like the Penguin ready to take down the cops of Chicago with a gatling gun. The history video was good, but some of his remarks are especially cringeworthy, almost deliberate to get an effect.

MisterBB

Reaction score
Watched it last night. Review seemed okay, was shocking to see Preston is 5'10 125.

Then they got to advertising their overpriced stuff :sarcasm:

Love the BTG history, could do without some of their input

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads