• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simone1

Reaction score
Awesome. That definitely appeals to me. I love fits like Washington and apparently also Lazio.
And it only comes at a cost of 330 dollars for a suit... Damn thats a great price

Kimistry

Reaction score
I don't think there's any "correct" sleeve length, since it's a dynamic thing. For my taste, the shirt sleeves are too short, and the jacket sleeves, relative to the shirt, are too short as well. The jacket sleeve APPEARS to be above his wrist bone, which is short. What do I know though? I think this
http://www.primermagazine.com/2013/learn/primers-definitive-guide-to-proper-sleeve-length

is too short.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you. The shirt sleeves look just fine, in my opinion. Everything is a matter of preference, but based on what I've researched and read, you don't want the shirt sleeves to extend beyond what he has in the pic. But if the number of posts is an indication of expertise, you're probably more knowledgeable in these matters than I.
1f604.png

Last edited:

cali510

Reaction score

I like it very much, it's my favourite suit so far, but my newest suit usually becomes my favourite
shog%5B1%5D.gif
As for it being delicate, I'm not entirely sure, I don't plan to wear it too often anyway as it is a bold statement piece. It doesn't crease nearly as much as I thought it would, which was the main thing I was worried about. The fabric hangs well and is quite breathable too, the cool summer breeze felt amazing the last time I wore it as it was a fairly warm and sunny day. I've also noticed the fabric has a really nice glimmer to it, not really a shine or sheen, but an occasional glimmer in certain lighting probably caused by the silk. This picture was taken after 4-5 hours of sitting down, doesn't crease much at the knees/arms which is what I love about this suit.
Here's Mine. Unaltered so far but will be getting the pants hemmed and maybe sleeves lengthened a bit. There is a small collar gap but doens't seem too obvious. Quite possibly my favorite purchase from Susu so far. Pretty versatile as a suit, jacket, with a button up or just with a white tee.

Last edited:

Neognosis

Reaction score
I've been following along with this thread for a little while now, and I think I have something to contribute.

I am not lucky enough to get to wear a suit every day, or even every week, but I've purchased two suits from SS in the past year.

I bought a Washington fit in a heavy intense blue wool for a company holiday paryt. Only the pants required tailoring for a moderately conservative but modern fit. I received quite a few compliments on the suit at the event.

And last weekend I wore a Hudson in brown linen to a wedding. This time I had the jacket tailored to a European fit as well as the pants. The total bill was 83 dollars. Again, I received even more compliments on the suit and the fit and the look in general. People were very impressed, and even people I didn't know approached me with positive comments.

So, for well under 1000 USD including the tailoring, I got a suit that garnered unsolicited positive comments from strangers. Most of which were very attractive females.. ;-)

I would include a picture, but I broke so many style rules, you guys would probably roast me alive.

But the point is that you can get a look that will make you by far the best dressed man in the room in a very subtle, yet cutting edge kind of way with relatively little money through SS.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's Mine.
Unaltered so far but will be getting the pants hemmed and maybe sleeves lengthened a bit. There is a small collar gap but doens't seem too obvious.
Quite possibly my favorite purchase from Susu so far. Pretty versatile as a suit, jacket, with a button up or just with a white tee.

I'll just say based on the pictures the pants look really tight, and the jacket seems to be too small as well when buttoned. I would size up, unless it's the look you prefer, then go for it, you'll be the one wearing the suit. Just friendly advice not to post this on on some of the other styleforum threads, like WAYWT, where people may rip you apart because it does not meet styleforum fit requirements. :)

cali510

Reaction score
jtorres, thanks for the feedback. I actually prefer a fitted look. This is a 38L and 40L gets too wide in the shoulders and doesn't contour well with the body. The pants have the same issue too- if i size up, the waist is too big while the thighs fit a bit better.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Clearly too small in the chest so I'd guess the 40L would suit you better.

As for larger in the trouser's waist, you do know that's a relatively simple job to take that in, correct?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

jtorres, thanks for the feedback. I actually prefer a fitted look. This is a 38L and 40L gets too wide in the shoulders and doesn't contour well with the body. The pants have the same issue too- if i size up, the waist is too big while the thighs fit a bit better.

If you like a more fitted look, you should size up and have a tailor take it in. That is not afitted look. That is too small and looks bad.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you like a more fitted look, you should size up and have a tailor take it in. That is not afitted look. That is too small and looks bad.

Cali510 yea "fitted" may not be the best word for it, but you'll be the one wearing the suit so whatever makes you happy.

Kimistry

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this jacket for business wear (or even just generally for social settings)? Note that I don't work for a financial institution. I work as an executive for a software company where I occasionally meet with other executives, but where it is definitely less formal.

angelescrest

Reaction score

What do you guys think of this jacket for business wear (or even just generally for social settings)? Note that I don't work for a financial institution. I work as an executive for a software company where I occasionally meet with other executives, but where it is definitely less formal. 

It's probably their most casual jacket in cut and cloth. Fits me great and mine is unstructured. Mine fits me a little shorter (trendier), so you need to be okay with that. But for a software company, well, it seems you can wear anything you want. If as an exec you want a power jacket, well, this ain't it, but you know that as it's a linen summer coat.

Kimistry

Reaction score
It's probably their most casual jacket in cut and cloth. Fits me great and mine is unstructured. Mine fits me a little shorter (trendier), so you need to be okay with that. But for a software company, well, it seems you can wear anything you want. If as an exec you want a power jacket, well, this ain't it, but you know that as it's a linen summer coat.

Given that the fabric is a blend of linen, do you find that the jacket wrinkles easily? Is it pretty breathable (I live in LA)?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Gilleo