• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

0Phoenix0

Reaction score
I’m not sure if anyone answered your first question but yes, it is cost effective to buy in the EU then have it shipped to the US, provided you are buying enough to make it worth paying the proxy and for shipping. There is a member here who does it. I bought my last 4-5 suits this way. I can’t remember how much I save but it’s significant given how much the suits in the US market are marked up.

I could proxy from Germany, too - shipping costs are quite low here.

paddymac

Reaction score
I could proxy from Germany, too - shipping costs are quite low here.

From my experience , I am based in uk but for a few orders, I managed to get products shipped from us.

I know these products for USA Canada hk are labelled differently on the tags as to those produced for the EU. They have INT stamped after the models name.

I found the two to have different fits...same jacket. Very strange

So I'd be careful if you proxy.....

I find the eu products fit better than the 'international' counterparts

zanci

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how the suitsupply discounts/outlet/sale works?

When does the outlet open?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how the suitsupply discounts/outlet/sale works?

When does the outlet open?

Seems to open in January and July, at least in the US. Rumors sort of start that sales associates are sending items in and then a separate website opens with a pass code. SuitSupply sends out an email but it is usually after the outlet is picked through. Remember, items are final sale unless you get a jacket with a big rip or something in which case you can return it.

paddymac

Reaction score
Seems to open in January and July, at least in the US. Rumors sort of start that sales associates are sending items in and then a separate website opens with a pass code. SuitSupply sends out an email but it is usually after the outlet is picked through. Remember, items are final sale unless you get a jacket with a big rip or something in which case you can return it.

From my experience I don't think there has ever been an outlet for EU??? I've only started buying 2 years ago....

For us EU folks, can we just switch to US in the site and acesss the outlet? But then and again they won't be able to ship to us...

preid

Reaction score
From my experience I don't think there has ever been an outlet for EU??? I've only started buying 2 years ago....

For us EU folks, can we just switch to US in the site and acesss the outlet? But then and again they won't be able to ship to us...
Not completely sure - from what I remember, the Outlet really only existed for us on this side of the pond [US] and excluded the EU

paddymac

Reaction score
Not completely sure - from what I remember, the Outlet really only existed for us on this side of the pond [US] and excluded the EU

It's quite funny considering suitsupply is a Dutch company but yet it seems like it favours the US haha

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference margin price between EU and US for proxy? Is it worth it?

Depends on the item but you can get some $399 sport coats for 229 Euros which is currently ~$271 after conversion. The most expensive sport coat is $639 or 399 Euros/$473 converted. Finally, suits tend to start at 279 Euros/$330 converted versus $399 in the US.

You really have to jump back and forth between US and the country to figure out if the savings are worth the proxy cost and shipping.

My wife has family in Germany and my inlaws visit there a lot so if I find something I like, I will just ship it there and they will bring it home.

kithking23

Reaction score
Depends on the item but you can get some $399 sport coats for 229 Euros which is currently ~$271 after conversion. The most expensive sport coat is $639 or 399 Euros/$473 converted. Finally, suits tend to start at 279 Euros/$330 converted versus $399 in the US.

You really have to jump back and forth between US and the country to figure out if the savings are worth the proxy cost and shipping.

My wife has family in Germany and my inlaws visit there a lot so if I find something I like, I will just ship it there and they will bring it home.
I need something like that,would be nice

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need something like that,would be nice

I've thought about offering to proxy for people when I head over there but have not thought through the logistics. Buyers would end up paying US shipping instead of international which could help a little.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reuterscnn