• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets - New

negusnegas

Reaction score
I am arranging a group-buy and wanted to start a new thread so people are not confused. I took the information from shoreman1782 who managed the last group buy and he has been so kind as to give his input about the process so anyone interested just pm and will send you a gmail shared spreadsheet that will be used to take orders. Clearly this is a smaller company, which is not used to really small runs such as this so we want to be cognizant as we set expectations. Additionally, it's important to note that in northshore's experience, skookum used about a 6-inch allowance in the chest, so a size 42 jacket measured approx. 24 inches pit to pit (that allowance MAY scale down in smaller sizes, best to ask Centralia). I will communicate with Centralia to confirm these facts.

To place an order:
Pm with your email address or email me at [email protected] with questions or if you would like to join the order.

As has been discussed on a few occasions before, Centralia Knitting Mills has been making dandy woolen products in Washington state since 1939, and they make a sweet varsity/letterman jacket. The American-made quality, never-changed-never-needed-to-change styling, and tradition of heritage have a lot of appeal for Styleforum types. Lines like Engineered Garments have (reportedly) used CKM as a maker for knitwear, and their custom varsity/letterman jackets fetch $300+ on Rakuten. They use 24 oz. boiled melton wool (all virgin) and full-grain leather to craft jackets that are little different today than they were 30 years ago or more.

The specs:

"¢\t24 oz. boiled melton wool body
"¢\tFull-grain leather raglan sleeves
"¢\t"Swiss knit" wool foldover collar, cuffs, and hem
"¢\tSnap button front
"¢\tLeather trim at pockets
"¢\tNylon lining
"¢\tAthletic cut for ease of movement"”Centralia is not Balenciaga or ToJ. Sizing down may give you a less full cut, but unfortunately I will not be able to accept returns. I stole a size chart from a .jp site to give people an idea of sizes.
Code:

SizeShoulder \tchest\t length\t sleeve
34(xs)
36(s) \t44cm\t54cm \t61cm \t62cm
38(m) \t46\t57\t64 \t63
40(l) \t49 \t59 \t68 \t65
42(xl)\t51\t62\t70\t67

Which equals APPROXIMATELY

36(s)\t17in\t21in\t24in\t24.5in
38(m)\t18\t22.5 \t25\t25
40(l) \t19.5\t23 \t26 \t25.5
42(xl) \t20\t24.5\t27.5\t26.5

Larger sizes and extralong arms are available.

The fare:
Expected final price, including CONUS shipping, will be $175.
If you would like international shipping, contact me and we'll figure something out.

We are trying to finalize orders sooner than later (order deadline October 17) so, with the estimated 6-week lead time, the jackets should be ready in early December.

Color options are below the form, rendered as well as possible with my crappy point and shoot.

NAME:
STYLEFORUM USERNAME:
ADDRESS:
PHONE:
E-MAIL:
SIZE (numerical):
BODY COLOR:
SLEEVE COLOR:
POCKET TRIM COLOR:
SNAP COLOR (snaps generally match body color):
KNIT COLOR (collar, cuffs, hem):
STRIPES ON KNIT TRIM? Y/N
STRIPE STYLE (Single, Double, Triple; feathered or not)
STRIPE COLOR(S):
WEARER HEIGHT (yes, CKM requests):
WEARER WEIGHT(yes, CKM requests):
COMMENTS:

Wool colors:

Leather colors:

Knit trim swatch sheet (for sweaters, but just for reference--knit trim colors correspond roughly with melton colors)

Sample CKM jackets

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got links to the *** sites selling these varsities? Need more color references.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my jacket in the last group buy. I'll see if I can find the pics and if I can give you guys some advice.

ryosuke

Reaction score

I got my jacket in the last group buy. I'll see if I can find the pics and if I can give you guys some advice.

That be great. My main concern is fit on if the XS will fit someone 5'5 around 150lbs. I assume I can always get the sleeves slimmed down afterwards if the body works.

negusnegas

Reaction score
thanks flieger..if u pm with questions or email them to me I can call Skokum and get a sense of it, but I don't want to call till I have at least 6 people who are in..right now we are at 3

Eccles

Reaction score
some .jp colourways

skookum スタジャン

skookum 通販

skookum意味

some pretty wild customs full leather, buffalo nickel buttons and so on

I would however assume any other body shapes, full melton, marl ribbing, zippers etc ..

will add cost and may be difficult unless we all order the same thing but id be curious about further options

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links Eccles, found a damn near exact colorway I'm leaning towards, air force blue body, cream sleeves, solid gold ribbing. (left one, linked pic).

Regretted not jumping on board the first time round.

negusnegas

Reaction score
still only got two people on it

negusnegas

Reaction score
We are finally at 6 so looks like we will be a go. I will circulate an email within the next day or so to discuss next steps, including any additional comments, finalizing order specifics, payments and expectations.

ryosuke

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on some sizing advice before I commit. Wondering if an XS will be too short for someone 5'5 and if the arms will be slimmer fit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads