• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

Man In Space

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
OMG. I just poured myself a bourbon and he asked for a shot. The expression on his face was ******* priceless. This is a guy who doesn't drink at all. I wish I filmed it.

A bourbon at 10:46 am?

Ouch, my kidney.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man In Space
Oh, I feel like such a fool.

Make it a double, my good man!

is 146pm on a Tuesday afternoon really any better?

dl

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
dude, you whine like a chick, no wonder you can't get laid.

What makes you think he doesn't say to his friends, "you gotta see this kid, he wears sweaters embroidered with mallards, and dances to tina turner in his underwear while taping it to put on youtube."

Get real man

DL

Originally Posted by Coho
+1. Conne is being real jerk to his roomate. Give the guy a break. I'm sure he doesn't even know that you take pictures of him and place on the web. If he finds out, I sure hope he doesn't have a Glock handy. Mother fudger!
angry.gif

Quit hating on Conne, these stories are priceless. As you should probably have gathered, everyone talks **** about Conne, and he doesn't care.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I'm with FLMM. It's a silly thread on the internet about things that come out of his roommate's mouth, who cares?

The level of "seriousness" that people take **** on the internet is astounding. Is there anything on here that has affected anyone's life???

Originally Posted by dl20
is 146pm on a Tuesday afternoon really any better?

dl

1:46 is at least an hour after a two martini lunch. Quite appropriate for a shot of bourbon.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This afternoon, he insisted repeatedly that Long Island is a part of NYC. I laughed at first, figuring it was a joke (keep in mind that he is from Queens). He got a bit angry and said, "Don't test me man, I am from the city." So I pulled up a map on Google and showed him. He stood there for about ten seconds, dumbfounded. "But...but...I thought NYC was bigger! We are just a dot on the map! How can we be so powerful while being just a dot?" Thanks a lot Queens High School
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GREAT stuff the past couple of days. Yesterday, I asked if he knew where Milwaukee is (I don't remember how the question even came up). He literally named like 35-40 states and still did not. I told him it started with a 'W', and he still didn't get it. When I told him Wisconsin he got all mad and was like I DEFINITELY SAID DAT, WHY YOU PULLIN MY CHAIN MAN Then yesterday came one of the more egregious examples of idiocy. He asked me flat-out what "prosecute" means. I needed the question repeated a few times because my brain was unable to process such a ridiculoous request. I tried hinting..."Think Law & Order. Matlock? Any of those?" Blank stare. So I told him and he goes "Ohhhhh so what do prosecutors do?" I pretty much gave up at this point.

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
This afternoon, he insisted repeatedly that Long Island is a part of NYC. I laughed at first, figuring it was a joke (keep in mind that he is from Queens). He got a bit angry and said, "Don't test me man, I am from the city." So I pulled up a map on Google and showed him. He stood there for about ten seconds, dumbfounded. "But...but...I thought NYC was bigger! We are just a dot on the map! How can we be so powerful while being just a dot?" Thanks a lot Queens High School
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I don't think it's nice to make fun or people no matter the circumstances but it is worse when a person is being ridiculed when they are at least partially correct. Queens and Brooklyn are both counties of Long Island and officially a part of New York City. I know this because I have an uncle who lives in Long Island City and confirmed this information with a web search.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My coworker asked me the other day what a Dalai Lama was.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother used the word "majestic" the other day and his coworker didn't know what it meant.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a coworker who repeatedly doesn't get any of my reference. She thought Hellen Keller was a fictional character. I am counting myself luckier by the day that I'm fortunate enough to have the education that I do compared to the average citizen of this country.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads