• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
This is SF, no research is necessary or even particularly welcomed.

Jon.

That's right, it appears all anyone here really wants is opinionated jabs.

TheRealAshland

Reaction score
late night conversations between the 2 of you must be deep and inspirational.
can i trouble you for a copy of the memoirs?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our classes didn't start 'till last Thursday. We were supposed to be back the day before, but he sauntered in at 7 AM on Monday.
laugh.gif
Today I had to explain why I have speakers for my computer. He was able to come up with one of his golden quotes: "Don't dey jus make tings louder?" I tried explaining how ****** onboard laptop audio is, but he'd understand quantum physics before that.
plain.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am watching the Republican debate and he couldn't name one candidate. He also didn't know "when this President thing is over" (direct quote).
bored.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two real gems today.

I went to this climate change symposium and was telling him about it. He literally says, "Where does global warming happen?" I don't think he had heard the term before today.

And then, another priceless comment. I'm watching some Animal Planet show called "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real" or something. They talk about finding a dragon carcass preserved in ice, analyze it, do a lot of CGI about how dragons would've rown up and lived. I **** you not, he thought this was all real. They show some scenes where people are examining a carcass and he goes, "Are dey biologists or sumfin?" I go "...no, they're actors."

I can't comprehend how a 21 year old human being is this stupid. I've never seen anything like it.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it possible that this guy hasn't flunked out or at least been put on academic probation?

satorstyle

Reaction score
If he is that much of an offense, you should have requested a new roommate a long time ago. If his father is from Nigeria perhaps he has not been here long enough to be exposed to certain things. The worst thing in the world is to use the lack of ones knowledge or experience to boost our self esteem. Son get a life and finish your education, because in the real world there are always some that are more brilliant than us. The difference in life is how we treat those who are not on our level. This thread needs to close.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

you nailed it... Conne is just using his roomate to compensate for his own cluelessness...

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked this before, but I'm still not sure how you ended up with this guy. You're not a freshman, right? Didn't you have one friend who wanted to live with you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads