• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank
Excuse me but that is not the sentiment I gathered from your previous statement and I cannot help but to feel that you are not being honest about the situation.
Excuse me but please go jump off of a cliff.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of one of the regulars from the shop, we call him Murmur.

Reacting to a headline on the news, he asked what a "my-so-gine-ist" was.

I said, "no it's 'misogynist.'"

"What's that, one who gives massages?"
confused.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight was just too good. Half an hour ago I started polishing some shoes. A little while into it, he goes "Ugh what is that smell?" So I tell him and he gets all freaked out and says, "I am allergic to Palmolive!" ...........No idea what that has to do with anything. Anyways, a few minutes later he goes "Arghhh I am gettin' a massive headache. These fumes are killin' me man." For the past twenty minutes he has been making every noise imaginable: grunting, groaning, whining, moaning. It is so funny because I know it's all fake. He then told me the reason for his troubles. "You see, I am not a spitter, so I get this buildup of phlegm in my throat and then I can't breathe."
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
This afternoon, he insisted repeatedly that Long Island is a part of NYC. I laughed at first, figuring it was a joke (keep in mind that he is from Queens). He got a bit angry and said, "Don't test me man, I am from the city."
(

COnn Long ISland IS a part of NYC . DIOdn't tgehy teach you geo at Choat??

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He was referring to the whole island, douchebag. I think you drink more often than I do.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Conne went to Choate?

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
He was referring to the whole island, douchebag.

I think you drink more often than I do.

You don't have to use that type of language. It's very degrading if you haven't already been told yet. I hope you have apologized to your roommate and let him have the peace of mind to know that a large portion of Long Island is a part of New York City. I also feel at times that it's hard to admit I am wrong to someone's face. Maybe you could leave a post it note on the map that you were looking at together to clarify the matter? This could be an easier way to reconcile.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
He asked me to take this ******* weird-ass picture.

n28406439_31385420_8621.jpg

sorry but I cant stop thinking of the shrimp boat guy in forest gump...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife is my roomate but still says some stupid ****.

X-It

Reaction score
You are Dutch? You're not Chinese?!
confused.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guess who called today?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He's phoned me a few times this summer and I just never called back for some reason. So he left me a voicemail... "Mike, you ******...you never call me back you bastard. I..I can't believe we are not friends. Why do you hate me?" It was his trademark dry humor. I called back and we had a nice conversation. We agreed to keep in touch and he even urged me to visit him the next time I'm in NYC. I think I'll, uh, skip that...

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess who called today?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He's phoned me a few times this summer and I just never called back for some reason. So he left me a voicemail... "Mike, you ******...you never call me back you bastard. I..I can't believe we are not friends. Why do you hate me?" It was his trademark dry humor. I called back and we had a nice conversation. We agreed to keep in touch and he even urged me to visit him the next time I'm in NYC. I think I'll, uh, skip that...

I though you killed that guy...

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We were watching the Daily Show once, and Lynne Cheney was on, and as her name was PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED on the bottom of the screen he goes "Who is she?" I said, "Cheney's husband" and he just looked so confused.

Thats hilarious!

However, I got you beat Connie. The roommate I had while in the military, actually stated that he was planning on voting for Clinton during the 2000 election (I had to explain the 2 terms to him). In addition, he did not know how MLK died, or what a marital aid was, in fact one of my buddies convinced him to ask his mother to get him one for Christmas (luckily I stepped in, and recommended that he not do this).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads