• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stop Lurking, N00b, Join!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
I joined and started to post but now I will get back to lurking because I get flamed to hell and back for every outfit I post
frown.gif

Not flamed. Tough love. Listen to it and learn.

ev01ut10ndt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Not flamed. Tough love. Listen to it and learn.

Haha...reality hurts. I'm still hesitant to post any pics so far...

Threads on MC do seem to be more forgiving than over on sw&d. But those on sw&d are certainly a riot to read.

ev01ut10ndt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
For different budgets might I add.

If you had tens of thousands of dollars for clothing every year, it's easy to look good. Much harder to do it with a tighter budget.

Most big timers here are pretty classy but you'll often run into douchey comments where they make fun of people wearing cheaper stuff, which isn't that bad.

I send a lot of my friends to this forum when they are looking for tips on dressing well, since majority of guys can't figure out that the suit they are wearing are 2 sizes too big. I started off with a black 40R jacket with 4 buttons, pleated pants + cuffed
facepalm.gif
when I really was a 36R/38R depending on how slim the cut is. It helps when people can reference some cheaper brands for college guys like myself, and not RLPL or Zegna.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ev01ut10ndt

Threads on MC do seem to be more forgiving than over on sw&d. But those on sw&d are certainly a riot to read.

SW&D pulls no punches, but they're often more helpful with fit and experimentation. Just come with thick skin if you're really wanting to learn. MC folks can be nicer with their critiques, but don't ever dare cross the MC clothing rules as MC can pounce on you like a pack of hyenas for not repeating the company line.

I dabble in both forums. Initially started in MC, but have found myself enjoying the less conforming nature of SW&D a bit more. SW&D is definitely a lot more humorous. However, I have to say MC does have its comedians. Vox probably has me laughing every 3rd post. Hell, I think I browse MC just to see what thread he ***** up next.

Anyhow, welcome to the lurkers who joined. Don't feel constrained to only one forum. Experiment, take your time, and realize that it's a learning process.

cafezeenuts

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post, being lurking around here for a bit, This forum has a great community and I have learn a lot of things from other members with great knowledge..

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ev01ut10ndt

But can SW&D rival our snark?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Welcome to all y'all new dudes. Enjoy the site, look and learn. Good on ya bigbris for encouraging new members.

EZ

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Welcome to all y'all new dudes. Enjoy the site, look and learn. Good on ya bigbris for encouraging new members.

EZ

Bris? Bris?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
People like to criticize for the sake of it...
QFI
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads