• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stop Lurking, N00b, Join!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
Joining does not bode well for my savings account.

As long as you don't reach that 2nd post, you won't be able to PM sellers "I'll take it! What's your paypal?"

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Of course, that wasn't at all intentional. Are you selling right now, gdl, by any chance?
laugh.gif

hmmurdock

Reaction score
Been lurking here for a good long while. Excellent site. And with that post now I can buy here too...god help me.

Tom S.

Reaction score
Well . . . you goaded me into it. Now I'm a member and you have to suffer my annoying posts.
Tom S.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK Bris, thanks to you we have moran noobs like Aigertix clogging up the front page with every question that leaps into their minds and posts like this:
Originally Posted by ralphwho
Many issues here 1- Eric Clapton owns it so it must be genuine I fail to see the correlation. Would Phil Collins be good enough, Brian Ferry? 2- It is too hidden away to be a tourist magnet Well it is less than 300 m from Piccadilly Circus tube station (London's Times Square) where tourists are at the highest concentration in the whole of London; and between Piccadilly and Jermyn street I will pop by in a couple of weeks and do some counting 3-Monarchy and tourism You must know that when discussions about value for money vs the royal family reason d'etre come up there is always the idiot that comes up with the: they pay for themselves via the number of tourists that come over because them. 4-Typical customer is an english person who says e.g "'ll take those claret trousers in a 32, I'm in a rush'. This is clearly false. How many english people that wear cordings have a 32 waist? I am sure they don't even bother making them in that size. Now if you stated- a chinese tourist says: 'll take those claret trousers in a 32, I'm in a rush'. - I can believe that both on the size, colour and the rush parts. Anyway country gent clothing are mostly for Tory, Daily Telegraph-reading evil old people. So I hope the Chinese buy them out
Originally Posted by ralphwho
Last saturday the C&J shop in Jermyn st was so full that they had it locked for some periods of time to allow for people to get out and avoid a riot. I found it amazing, since the other C&J shop about 200 m away was empty. True it was not full of chinese but clearly not people who know their way around london. By the way I am not happy with my new C&J Wigmores. They seem too flimsy and as someone said -i think- in the end the 360 last is not flatering for someone on 10.5 like me. too slim I have a pair of Cleverley badged handgrade C&J Weymouths courtesy of Ede&Ros clearing as they dropped cleverley to go for C&J when some venture between them did not go through recently- despite the fact that they are all C&Js anyway- which i have not yet tried. They seem to be the true article. But from this experience I venture saying non-handgrade C&J << good old basic churchs On the issue of H&K etc I think the pyjamas on the windows scare the chinese away- smells of communism- they sure as hell scare me since I am not 60 yet It seems H&K, H&H make most of their money from pyjamas since they occupy most of the window space H&K, T&A fetishists should admit that quality aside the most common shirts there look totally out of this time. Also T&A prices are probably driven by the need to pay 10 people to do nothing 85% of the time (almost empty shop), and annoy the hell out of you on the remaining 15% By the way if you want a nice bespoke shirt for a reasonable price drop by italy-spain-port find a nice tailor and u will be doing great. In Italy most discerning (love the word) people have their own local tailor. In UK the situation is like that of coffee. Want an espresso go to Starbucks or Costa etc. In some countries you go to the local coffee shop and get what u really want Ps-I am pleased to accept any prizes, idiot of the year, etc from SF members. I will cherish them for what they are worth -no more, no less
ffffuuuu.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Welcome to all y'all new dudes. Enjoy the site, look and learn. Good on ya bigbris for encouraging new members.

EZ

this is bris' (bris's) legacy

Sartorial Splendour

Reaction score
Just joined today after lurking for some time. Already received some good advice about purchasing suits in Melbourne from a previous thread. Thinking about going MTM Zegna for my wedding gear.

UberDyologzz

Reaction score
Lurked for a year or two [or four], joined... And went back to lurking.

Maybe I'll start posting after I build my wardrobe to at least a decent size... So three days after I'm dead, or thereabouts.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Too bad, it's his last. I wonder if he would join again, or just lurk...

I will repeat my post on Dumb Thread here:

My crystal ball tells me someone named Thug Animal will join and will rack up 500 posts within a month.

flofloryda

Reaction score
It's because of this site that i now wear RLBL on the outside and AE on the bottom with similar caliber in the middle

Cheers!

rmsanger

Reaction score
Why should they join not like anybody helps when you do post something import, least of all related to your wedding....

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rmsanger
Why should they join not like anybody helps when you do post something import, least of all related to your wedding....

Your post, while clearly well thought out, was way too weird and broad, especially since we have no idea what you look like, etc. Either make it really specific ("What do you think of this tux shirt with this tux?") or really really broad ("What type of shirt to wear with this tux?")

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara