• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stollerys Toronto

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
I just in there today actually. The salespeople were pretty weird all around, and that's really hurting the vibe of the store. When i walked in it felt very vintage and I felt uneasy being there just to browse because salespeople are pretty much stalking you everywhere you go. Aside from the service, they seem to carry a lot of variety but I feel they should have the sections better labeled, i.e having a slim fit section. From all the posts in this topic it really sucks that such a classy place has such ****** staff.
Waiit a minute here. You're 19 years old. What did you expect? Grown-ups come to that store and drop thousands of dollars per visit and you come to ..browse? Did you actually expect the staff to bow to 19 year old you & say 'Welcome Mr Bond, so good to have you back' ?
laugh.gif
+1 to Stollery's and a sigh of relief.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Waiit a minute here. You're 19 years old. What did you expect? Grown-ups come to that store and drop thousands of dollars per visit and you come to ..browse? Did you actually expect the staff to bow to 19 year old you & say 'Welcome Mr Bond, so good to have you back' ?
laugh.gif
+1 to Stollery's and a sigh of relief.

This sort of attitude pisses me off. I started shopping at harry rosen when I was 20 or 21. You know how I chose my salesperson? I picked the one that didn't stock me and that treated me like a human, despite my age and the fact that I wasn't wearing a 5k outfit at the time. He gave me good service on an alteration on something I had previously purchased there and remembered me the next time I went in. I wasn't a big customer at the time but I spent well in to five figures at HR with him. When he left I stopped shopping there (for a number of reasons). As a salesperson, it's absolutely idiotic in this day and age to make judgments about people until you know more about them. The kid could be sitting on a 20 million dollar trust fund for all you know... Is it likely? Probably not, but if instead of acting like a snob and treating him badly you give him proper service, even if he's just browsing at first, you may just land yourself a loyal customer for as long as you work there. Does that mean you ignore regular clients to service someone you're unsure about? No. But if you're not tending to someone else, it's stupid not to treat everyone with some respect. I've spent a lot of time in these types of stores and huge chunk of the time the salespeople are fairly unoccupied, so this really isn't a big expectation.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
Yeah but the staff needs to get up to date, they cant be selling loose fitting suits to a market that wants something slimmer.
Stollery isn't catering to the market that wants slimmer suits. They know their niche market and cater to it. Places like GoStyle or Theodore 1922 might be a better place for you to shop.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Sounds a bit like Harry Rosen except for the age of the sales staff. How can they not understand fit? This seems to me integral to selling suits.

Hmm, well the other day I was being sold a Hugo Boss blend khaki suit at Harry's with an R length, even though I'm 5'6 but they insisted R would look better on me. When he left to show me an Armani something, I noticed the S sizes were all sold out so the light bulb dawned on me.

At least he did pick a 36, which I've slimmed down to from the 40 he sold me 5 years ago.

I treat Stollerys like I treat Tom's Place. You have to know what you want, and be firm about it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ Good salespeople are extremely rare ime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads