• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emiristol

Reaction score
they are indeed; the heel counter also extends farther forward up the shoe than others. IME, it's only wearing them a lot that can beat that

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, any recommendations/tips for softening up the heel stiffener? My boots are killing me right now, particularly my left foot. Is it just me or are StC shoes rather stiff? 

So in my experience (2 pairs) if its snug or painful its not the best fit. My first pair which was a MTO is just slightly too snug in the toe box. My second pair had no break in period whatsoever. It might be a fitting issue but only you would know that.

Itsuo

Reaction score

Gents, any recommendations/tips for softening up the heel stiffener? My boots are killing me right now, particularly my left foot. Is it just me or are StC shoes rather stiff? 

You can also send it back if the stiffener/counter is too high or cutting in on you. If you have a custom last you can also have them account for the shape of your heel if that's exacerbating the issue. I had them do that for a small spur that I have that would slowly ware holes in the heel of my previous pairs.

Either way, contact your retailer/St.C if it's really bothering you.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
St. Crispin's Triple Monks coloring up an otherwise monochrome fit today:

Just love these boots, they're starting to get quite comfortable!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

chifromdachi

Reaction score
lovely picture
cheers.gif

Thank you, @mr monty
Glad to see I'm not the only one wearing socks with loafers. Lovely pair (yes, a pun).
Ha! Thank you, @Leaves

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad to see I'm not the only one wearing socks with loafers. Lovely pair (yes, a pun).

I think there are some great options for loafer liners when wanting to have the sockless look but keep some level of sanitation. I use the stance no shows in my sneakers and dress shoes. I have yet to try them on loafers.

chifromdachi

Reaction score

Wanted something a little different for the next black tie invite. 400 in Navy velvet with Air Force blue grosgrain trim. Many thanks to Phillip Car and the gifted craftsmen at St. Crispins for making my vision a reality.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Different indeed. They wouldn't be for me (I'm boring lol) but those will be sure to leave a mark wherever they're seen
fistbump.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads