• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CaliforniaNY

Reaction score
Eh, not necessarily. This thread is full of fair-minded people, not blind fanboys. The regulars here love S&M because we have determined they earned it through consistently good products, fair prices, implementing customer feedback, etc. Despite occasional snafus, it's evident that Rick will always make things right in the end and is striving to improve where necessary.

The one guy yesterday sounded like a spoiled child. Completely tactless and over the top. Also, he was upset about something he should have been aware of in the first place. His fault for not taking the time to read the shipping info. Not going to get much sympathy on that.

But to make a blanket statement that all questions or complaints in this thread receive "****** subjective biased answers" is just wrong. I see legitimate, tactful criticism of product or service fairly commonly. And that's a great thing when it's deserved, because it leads to progress and improvement. I think this thread tolerates that kind of criticism very well. Temper tantrums, not so much.

Ok, if Rick will "always make things right", how about this. Make it a goal to make shipping delays abundantly clear on the checkout page. In the section I've circled include "this item make take up 5 to 7 days to ship." My only concern in requesting this is the spoiled child that is me will no longer have anything to tantrum over!
SpierMackay.png

CMAc7

Reaction score
Ok, if Rick will "always make things right", how about this. Make it a goal to make shipping delays abundantly clear on the checkout page. In the section I've circled include "this item make take up 5 to 7 days to ship." My only concern in requesting this is the spoiled child that is me will no longer have anything to tantrum over!
View attachment 1084352

Dude. Nobody gives a ****.

CaliforniaNY

Reaction score
Dude. Nobody gives a ****.
Customer acquisition is essential for growth. Even if those potential customers are spoiled, ignorant and raised on Amazon. In an ideal world everyone would seek out the shipping page and thus have realistic expectations when ordering from Spier & Mackay. In reality, people expect shipping information to be reflected in the cart and aren't accustomed to studying the entirety of the website like it's the Torah.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1084352

You know I sent you a message yesterday to get this resolved ASAP. But you have yet to reply back.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you procrastinated on buying a suit for an upcoming event. Isn’t that your fault?

LOL at being incredulous for not receiving a suit after ordering at the height of BF.

I'm overseas and used to items being held by custom for 2 weeks at a time then handed down a 36% duty tax. So life is still better for I think 95% of the people here. Cheer up!

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Customer acquisition is essential for growth. Even if those potential customers are spoiled, ignorant and raised on Amazon. In an ideal world everyone would seek out the shipping page and thus have realistic expectations when ordering from Spier & Mackay. In reality, people expect shipping information to be reflected in the cart and aren't accustomed to studying the entirety of the website like it's the Torah.

Hahaha I think S&M has acquired plenty of customers this year. In fact, that's essentially what this kerfuffle is about: the demand for S&M product during the BF sale was so great that they're a bit bogged down at the moment.

You seem to be the only one that was confused/upset about the delay. First of all, it's basically common sense to expect possible shipping delays this time of year from any online retailer, whether or not they spoon feed you that info. Secondly, if I was wondering when an order I placed might ship, the first place I'd turn to is the Tor... I mean the shipping info section of the website.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random request for future seasons: a machine-washable cotton trouser that’s dressier than the chinos. I think I already mentioned the Harrington jacket idea.

Aside from that, I’m set for winter now, just plan to pick up a couple more ties and dress shirts on Boxing Day.

I’m happy to have a break from the frantic buying around here, but starting to think about my summer needs. Thankfully, not too much: one or two more linen shirts, a summer sports coat and maybe I’ll try a pair of linen trousers.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1084352
I hate your username.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random request for future seasons: a machine-washable cotton trouser that’s dressier than the chinos. I think I already mentioned the Harrington jacket idea.

Aside from that, I’m set for winter now, just plan to pick up a couple more ties and dress shirts on Boxing Day.

I’m happy to have a break from the frantic buying around here, but starting to think about my summer needs. Thankfully, not too much: one or two more linen shirts, a summer sports coat and maybe I’ll try a pair of linen trousers.

I have 2 pairs of the dress chinos, they are cotton and machine washable. Actually they were my fav pants because they had some stretch to them. Too small for me now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics